cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery Split

0 Kudos

We are looking for a way to split deliveries automatically based on customer and item quantity. I have been looking thru the posts and have read SAP notes: 546668, 166397, and 198137. I have also looked at transaction VLSP. We normally use transaction VL10A (Program RVV50R10C) to drop deliveries and this is when we would want the split to occur automatically. Have any of you tried to split deliveries automatically based on item quantity or cube / customer? I am assuming we have to use a user exit to complete this procedure if it is even possible. I would welcome any suggestions you experts might have.

Thanks,

Mark

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

What do you mean by 'customer'? Is that ship-to location? If yes, then this is already part of delivery split. In fact it is one of the 3 fields which are mandatory for the split (ship-to, shipping point, route).

As for the item quantity, I am not clear on the requirement. Would you like to split deliveries whenever there is different quantity for items? If yes, then it would be quite weird. Also watchout of course for UoMs - eg. 2000 KG vs 2 Tons should probably not trigger split?

Generally you define split criteria in copy control routines. Standard one is routine 301 (program FV50C301). There

with delivery header data LIKP, there is field ZUKRL which can be filled with any values via the copying control.

The contents of this field act as splitting criteria for the delivery creation so that you can use it in order to force a delivery split according to your own specifications. Apart from that, the field does not have any business or technical usage.

Regards,

Dominik Modrzejewski

0 Kudos

Hi Dominik,

Thanks for your reply. By customer, we mean Sold-to party not ship-to. There are too many ship-to's; to setup this procedure for; each sold-to could have thousands of ship-to's. Here is our example. If we have 1,200 eachs on an order we know that only 400 will fit on a truck. We would like the order to split into 3 deliveries of 400 each.

Thanks,

Mark

chris_mowl
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

We are trying something similar. We want to split deliveries when they reach 250 lines. I have the following code in Include RV50C603. I learned today that what triggers a new delivery is a change to field LIKP-ZUKRL. So, for instance, in the first two lines of code, a change to either Distribution channel or division would trigger a new delivery.

We want a delivery to create for certain Sales Orgs if the delivery has more than a certain amount of lines. So, I am checking the number of lines in table xlips and if it meets the criteria, I move an 'X' into LIKP-ZUKRL. Just changing the value of the field triggers the delivery so no additional coding is required.

Hope this helps!

* Fill field ZUKRL with combination criteria
  likp-zukrl(2)      = cvbak-vtweg.
  likp-zukrl+2(2)    = cvbak-spart.

*Begin of insert DV2K932026 GET 188 CMOWL 11/30/2010
  DATA: l_lines TYPE string.
*Limit deliveries to 249 lines for certain European plants

CASE cvbap-werks.
    WHEN: '4310' OR '4311' OR '4322' OR '4331' OR '4341'.

DESCRIBE TABLE xlips LINES l_lines.
      IF l_lines > 5.
        CONCATENATE likp-zukrl 'X' INTO likp-zukrl.
      ENDIF.
  ENDCASE.

Regards,

Chris Mowl

Edited by: Chris Mowl on Nov 30, 2010 2:50 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, exactly, LIKP-ZUKRL value is triggering delivery split.

Another possibility that you can have a look is subsequent delivery split, so after you generate your initial delivery.

This you can configure under IMG->Logistics Excecution->Shipping->Deliveries->Subsequent delivery split

Regards,

Dominik Modrzejewski

Answers (0)