cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get SAP B1 Lincence key

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear all,

This is for your kind information that our SAP B1 Server was formated that's why our heardware key has been changed.

Now SAP B12007B in our company is totally out of runing. we need lincence key but we have no AMC at present . kindly reply if any solution .

thanks & regards

Arabinda Pal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arabinda,

If you are an SAP partner and would like to request a license key for one of your customers, you will need an S-user with the authorization "License key request for partner" for the corresponding installation number. The super-admin within your organization can provide you with this authorization. In exceptional cases only, in case an end-customer has no SAP partner, the license key can be requested by the customer himself. The customer can create additional users on the SAP Business One Customer Portal (under User Administration) with his initial S-user, as well as maintain the existing ones. The relevant profile for the license key application is "Request License Keys".

For more information on managing your own partner contacts, go to http://service.sap.com/user-admin.

To manage customer contacts, go to SAP Business One - Partner User Management.

Regards,

Rupa Sarkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rupa, you say in exceptional cases, a customer can request a license key himself, if he has no partner. I am in this situation as I have no partner due to not able to afford the cost. However, I had to rebuild my system and need to request the license key.

How do you suiggest I do that as I don't have authorization to log a message as a customer? I really am stuck without it.

Many Thanks

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please close this thread if you have got the answer ... or let us know your further queries ...

In India - Stock Licensing has created a huge confusion around this ... let me know if you are still not clear on that part.

Edited by: Narottam Das on Jan 17, 2011 4:25 PM

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here is the guidance of How to Request:

1. Get the hardware key

Please make sure that the Servers Tools 2004/2005/2007 have been installed

Choose Start > Programs > SAP Business One > Server Tools > Service Manager and open it

Double-click on the Server Tools icon in the task bar

Go to Settings > License Server - enter your server name and click connect

The hardware key will now be displayed - Copy the hardware key to the clipboard (CTRL+C)

Make sure that you have received an authorization to request license key in the SAP Channel Partner Portal (see Frequently Asked Questions (Updated) for more information).

Request license key Updated

Your license key will be available for download on the SAP Channel Partner Portal after it has been assigned. In parallel you will receive an email with the license key. This process typically takes between one hour and up to three working days at the most.

After knowing the step, request the license key from this link:

http://channel.sap.com/sbo/licensekeys

If you are a customer B1, you can do that in the customer portal:

http://service.sap.com/smb/sbocustomer

JimM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Arabinda Pal,

If you have no AMC, there is no way to get new license key. New key is depending on your new hardware key. Nobody can find it but only SAP will produce it for you if you have AMC.

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arabinda........

Click on the following link. It will login into license key window but you should have S User ID and its Password for Login.

Once you loging just click on License Key Request and update it. this will open the license request window. Fill up the necessary information and submit it......

https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap%28bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==%29/bc/bsp/spn/smb_lic/main.do

Hope this will help you.......

Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for reply . but the link is not open .

403 Access denied

You do not have the permissions to access this resource

Error is logged with Tag:

this error message is show.

i have S user ID and Passward

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok......

Try this.....

https://websmp105.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000707457&_SCENARIO=011000358700000001...;

Click on above. Once you done it will give you A-Z index. Click on K-N which contains L alphabet and there you fine License Key Request. Click on that fill information and submit.....

Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr.Rahul

thankas for reply.

i got A-Z index . but K-N not show. I give S USER Id and Password then again A-Z index is Show.

thanks

Arabinda Pal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.......

Once you put password go A-Z Index. Click on that and there on RHS of Screen you get all the alphabets......

There you get K-N index.....

Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear Mr.Rahul

Once I put password go A-Z Index. but RHS of Screen not open.

thanks

Arabinda pal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arabinda,

Only a Super - user can get the license key out of the hardware key generated. Even if you have the S-user id and password, you are not the super user and consequently do not have the authorization to get that. Contact your SAP distributor or SAP Channel partner.

Regadrs,

Rupa Sarkar