cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EWA configuration for JAVA stack

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am going to configur EWA for JAVA Stack systems in my landscape, I need guide for reference so kindly rewquest someone send the appropriate link for me.

Thanks in advance...,

Regards,

Sampath

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sampath

Please go through instructions of SAP note, there is a document in attachment of that note with explanation how you can do it (word document).

[Note 976054 - Availability of EWA for Non ABAP components|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/976054]

Kind regards

Tom

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Thanks for giving your inputs, really it helped a lot.

Thanks & Regards,

Sampath Kumar.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sampath

Is it possible for you to share the document you have created while configuring ewr for java systems.

ranjith . jacob @ scotts . com

Thanks,

Ranjith.

kundangandhi
Explorer
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sampath

you need to first make sure that the JAVA system is well configured with the Diagnostic and in the solman workcenter

under workload analysis you are able to see the performance data .

Best Regards

Jai Wardhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jai Wardhan,

For Java stack like EP i need to configure EWA, for this can u tell follow of process. Please i am struggle kindly help me.

Regards,

Sampath

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sampath

You need the following:

[SAP Solution Manager diagnostics |https://service.sap.com/diagnostics] which consist of the scenario diagnostics on SAP solution manager, Wily Introscope Enterprise Manager installation, SMD agent installation for your EP SAP system. Managed system setup of your EP SAP system in scenario diagnostics and introscope agent setup for your EP SAP system.

Once those points are covered your EP SAP system needs to be residing in a Solution (to be able to have EWA generation) and the neccesary jobs have to run through SDCCN on your SAP Solution Manager.

If you don't understand what to do after all the given information above, it's probably a good idea to have an implementation partner help you with the neccesary setup / configuration to get it working properly.

Kind regards

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

I need to do SMD A gent insatllation,willy interscope installation then i have to configure diagnositic agent and i have to activate SDCCN right.

Regards,

Sampath.

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sampath

You need the following

1) Installation of Wily Introscope

2) Setup diagnostics scenario in SAP Solution Manager (you can find installation guide on https://service.sap.com/diagnostics), I put Wily Introscope first because you need to fill in details in setup steps of point 2.

For point 2 you also need to install the SMD Wily Introscope agent on the SAP Solution Manager to be able to distribute it to the managed SAP system in point 8

3) Ensure that the managed SAP system you want to connect is available in SMSY

4) Installation of an SMD Agent for the managed SAP system (depending on version 7.11 or higher you also need a SAP Host Agent on the physical server where the managed SAP system resides)

5) Registration of the SMD Agent in the diagnostics scenario of SAP Solution Manager (through Agent Administration you can find it in solman_workcenter under the Root Cause Analysis workcenter)

6) I would also recommend making the settings to include the dispatcher in Wily Introscope (search SAP note with instructions using keywords "diagnostics dispatcher") --> only valid up to SAP Netweaver 7.01 (7.10 using SAP JVM which doesn't use a dispatcher node)

7) Managed system setup in the diagnostics scenario

😎 Introscope Agent setup in the diagnostics scenario for the managed SAP system

9) Stop/start the managed SAP system to apply changes

SDCCN should be active in your SAP Solution Manager but if you have a regular ABAP EWA running for your Solution Manager you shouldn't have to do anything as point 7 takes care of the creation of jobs in SDCCN for JAVA EWA.

Kind regards

Tom

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Sampath,

You may find this note helpful as well the one Tom provided

Note 1498779 - Preparing Java-based systems for Support Services

Of course you will want to visit http://service.sap.com/ewa

and

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm70ehp1_sp23/helpdata/en/fd/58e7743e694b72a8f4586cab20e051/frameset.htm

Regards,

Paul

daniel_nicol
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sampath,

To generate EWA reports for JAVA systems it is necessary to install the solution manager diagnostics.

Please find some helpful notes about this topic:

1010428: End-to-End Diagnostics

1274287: End-to-End Diagnostics 7.0 EHP1 SP18 to SP25

987835: How to define Solutions in SMSY for Diagnostics

976054: Availability of EWA for non-ABAP

Regards,

Daniel.