cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost component split for trading goods

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I have a requirement, that is: when importing goods, there are purchase cost, insurance cost, freight cost to form total value of inventory and then cost of good sold. They want to split inventory value and then cost of good sold with these components (purchase cost, insurance cost, freight cost...) event if when goods is transfer between plants belong to the same company code, they also want to analyze inventory value with these components.

What I should do to meet their requirement?

Any suggestion would be highly appreciated!

Thanks any helps

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I dont think the above solution would work, especially if your price control is V...

We had a similar requirement from one of our clients and we developed an ABAP report which reads the Purchase order and splits the inventory value... BW report would be much easier

Regards

Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay M,

We are using material ledger and actual costing to update actual cost to consumption goods and inventories.

So, price control is set "S".

So, if price control is set "S" and using material ledger/actual costing, do we have any way to meet customer's requirement without using ABAP ?

I am not sure I know the way Easonhou suggest, but I will try.

If both of you easonhou and Ajay M know that way, I should do, plz let me know!

Thanks so much!

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If you are having price control S and a ML also, then follow the steps given by easonhou

The purchase price (Actual) will throw up a PRD each time of Goods Receipt... As a follow up to that, you will have to execute your CKMLCP each month end so that the variances get inventorized and you can also valuate your COGS in FI using CKMLCP

To valuate COGS in COPA, you will have to execute KE27 and do all settings relevant to that..

Regards

Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

1 you can create the different origin group for the feight or insurance

2 in the configuration of the valuation variant ,choose rhe delivery cost,link the condition type to origin group

3 in the configuration of cost component link the origin group to assign cost component

thus you can see the feight or insurance in cost component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Easonhou,

I followed your step to try to solve the requirement. But when assess t-code: OKK4, I can not find the delivery cost button and then do not know how to map condition type to origin group - as you specify:

2 in the configuration of the valuation variant ,choose rhe delivery cost,link the condition type to origin group

I do not need to using cost estimate function because my customer is trading company. I just need to use material ledger and actual costing to update actual cost at period end.

So, Plz give me detail above how to config. valuation variant and other parameter!

Plz help me how to assign them to gether!

Any help would be highly appreciate!

Thks so much

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I used t-code : OKYO - assign condition type to origin group

But when post good receipt, there is a error issued: "Cost element xxx is not assigned to a cost component in CostCompStruct 02"

Because, I purchase trading goods, so the entry should be: Debit inventory/ Credit GR/IR - No cost element exit here -> why the system force me to assign cost element to cost component?

And how to meet the requirement if there is not cost element exit in my scenario?

Thanks for any suggestions!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Did you find the solution? Because I have the same excatly requirement, please let me known...

Thanks in advance,

JOSE LUA