cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery date calculation of STO

0 Kudos

Hi,

are there any ways that we can influence the way SAP determines the delivery date of an item in an STO?

Scenario:

1. The transfer is between two storage locations within the same plant. The time it takes for it to be delivered is potentially a week if available in stock.

2. When the STO is created (in me21n) the systems takes the planned delivery time into account and proposes a delivery date of todays date + 180 days even if the material is available in stock.

Are there any ways we can get SAP to ignore the planned delivery time when creating STO's? I.e. ignore the planned delivery time of the material master?

Regards,

Kenneth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you need to calculate GR Time, Procurement Lead Time, Time defined in Route (if you are using LE Shipping).

If your system is calculating 180 days, then it might be coming from the info record/ source list.

Probable.. not sure.. you can check.

Also check if you have any BOM/ Production process for that material and can check process time.

All these factors are influential

Raghavan

0 Kudos

Thanks for your response Raghavan. The material was originally sourced from a vendor. But we are now distributing it internally in our organisation. We can set the planned delivery time to something different for each MRP area. But what we really want to know is if there are any ways of stopping SAP from taking planned delivery time into account when calculating the delivery date in ME21N for STO's?

Regards,

Kenneth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please all dates in Material master, info record, source list, quota arrangement if any.

only solution.........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please delete all dates in Material master, info record, source list, quota arrangement if any.

only solution.........

Thing is,

the planned delivery time is used for purchasing from vendors. But the question was are there any ways the planned delivery time can be ignored when creating an STO (order type UB), but not PO's (AN).

Regards,

Kenneth

Former Member
0 Kudos

No.. not possible.. because it doesnt depend on document type.. system logic works on Transaction in case of delivery dates. although its just a editable field.

0 Kudos

What about BADI's or user exits? Do you know if it is possible to set the planned delivery date based on a different logic through a BADI or user-exit?

Regards,

Kenneth

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes kenneth,

you can apply a Z logic through user exits, by changing SAP program. but if you change, SAP will not support that program

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try the following;

In ME23N, for the STO highlight the line item and go to menu Environment -> availability.

There you can see the availability checking group and rule used in the availability check. Note down the values.

Then go to t.code OVZ9, select the checking group and rule combination and click on details button.

Here you can tick the box check without RLT and then save. Then test again.

Regards

Answers (0)