cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error on Receiver Mail Adapter (SMTP)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm going to exchange message within mail to mail scenario like synchronous one. Sender Mail Adapter is running well, it can take any email in inbox. but when I want to send the email back to the sender, the receiver adapter doesn't work. here is my config :

Receiver :

Transport Protocol : SMTP

Message Protocol : XIPAYLOAD

Adapter Engine : Central Adapter Engine

URL : smtps://[outgoing_mail] (use smtps because it use SSL)

Tick 'Configure User Authentication'

Authentication Method : Plain

User : [Username]

Password : [Password]

Tick 'Use Mail Package'

Content Encoding : Base64

Tick 'Keep Attachment'

The error Message in RWB :

- failed to send mail: java.io.IOException: unable to create a socket

- Message processing failed. Cause: com.sap.aii.af.sdk.xi.srt.BubbleException: Failed to call the endpoint [null "null"]; nested exception caused by: java.io.IOException: unable to create a socket

I was config and run successfully in Outlook Express.

There was something wrong with my config in PI? Please Help me..

Regards,

Glenn

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi expert,

I want to continue this thread as I dont get the answer.

Recently I just got private key from Microsoft Exchange 2007 server and I register it into nwa (nwa --> configuration management --> key and certificate --> under javamail section).

Also, I change the configuration in Integration Builder. In receiver communication channel, I add S/MIME option, with validity to 30 days. And in Receiver Agreement, I register javamail keystore and mic exchange private key for keystore entry as I list that private key there.

But the error still persist :

Message processing failed. Cause: com.sap.aii.af.sdk.xi.srt.BubbleException: Failed to call the endpoint  [null "null"]; nested exception caused by: iaik.security.ssl.SSLException: Invalid SSL message, peer seems to be talking plain!

Please, anyone who can solve my problem..

Thank,

Glenn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

use SCOT transaction in PI to check for SMTP service for internet address types. Also from here you can get the mail host and the port number(default 25 for smtp).Use this host detail in mail receiver url as smtp://mail_host.

configure user authentication with your company email and password and test it.

hope it helps

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anand,

I have try using SCOT transaction, and test with SWBP transaction but the result still error.

If I try to create connection to Microsoft Exchange with SSL configuration, what kind of configuration that I must used for? S/MIME with certificate or private key registered in nwa? or just use scot transaction?

Please give me some idea..

Thx,

Glenn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Glenn,

Try to register your PI Server on SMTP Relay Agent. Test again your scenario. If the error still come, try to send email using swbp transaction in your PI.

Hopefully this can help you.

Best Regard,

Robby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robby,

I succeeded send email in ABAP stack using SCOT and SWBP transaction. but the problem still rise, I couldn't send mail in Java stack. the error report in RWB still same : peer seems to be talking plain.

Any other solution?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Glenn,

If you have successfully send the email on the abap stack but not in Java stack, you must focus on your communication channel configuration.

try to use smtp protocol in url destination rather than smtps. and also, you don't have to use username and password for authentication.

Let us know if this working.

Thx,

Robby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi robby,

Yes, this is working!

thx for your help and the others.. my problem solved now..

Regards,

Glenn

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I just make some change on my PI config. I add port behind the url outgoing mail server --> smtps://<outgoing_mail_server>:25.

and I check again in RWB the error said :

- failed to send mail: iaik.security.ssl.SSLException: Invalid SSL message, peer seems to be talking plain!

- Message processing failed. Cause: com.sap.aii.af.sdk.xi.srt.BubbleException: Failed to call the endpoint [null "null"]; nested exception caused by: iaik.security.ssl.SSLException: Invalid SSL message, peer seems to be talking plain!

anyone please tell me the solution..

former_member182503
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Glenn,

the 25 port is for regular SMTP service without SSL.

Check with your mail server which port you must use in order to use SMTPS.

As the error message said, you are trying to talk securely and the other peer(mail server) is talking plain(no SSL).

Best regards,

JN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nunes,

I already test this mail account using microsoft outlook express. smtp port with ssl is 25 or port 587 work fine.

my basis team had already investigate and do some config such as, install cryptolib, config sapconnect, etc, but no luck.

here is some error log from our server:

#2.0 #3 20:15:00:748#+0700#Error#com.sap.aii.af.sdk.xi.net.SMTPClientConnection#
#BC-XI-CON-AFW#com.sap.aii.af.lib#00215ACD468400E200000001000009B4#2170350000001401#sap.com/com.sap.aii.adapter.mail.app#com.sap.aii.af.sdk.xi.net.SMTPClientConnection.send(Object)#J2EE_GUEST#0#SAP J2EE Engine JTA Transaction : [0211dffffffee0023ffffff94]#101B37B806B611E0A2CF00215ACD4684#101b37b806b611e0a2cf00215acd4684#101b37b806b611e0a2cf00215acd4684#0#MS Queue Worker [Mail_http://sap.com/xi/XI/SystemRecv]#Plain##
additional info ssl_debug(44): Starting handshake (iSaSiLk 4.31)...
ssl_debug(44): Sending v3 client_hello message to <outgoing_mail_server>:25, requesting version 3.2...
ssl_debug(44): SSLException while handshaking: Invalid SSL message, peer seems to be talking plain!
ssl_debug(44): Sending alert: Alert Fatal: handshake failure
ssl_debug(44): Shutting down SSL layer...

any other suggestion?

Edited by: Glenn Prasetya on Dec 15, 2010 4:40 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check the SMTPS port available in transcation SMICM-> services

Thanks

Kiran Nekkanti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Thx for your reply, I was check in SMICM -> Services, there was no SMTPS port available (not define yet). but I can't define SMTPS port because it doesn't exist in internet protocol.. the service that available just SMTP with port 0.

how can i define SMTPS port in SMICM?

the other question, why the sender adapter which using imaps, can retrieve email? is there using HTTPS port?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please find out the SMTPS port number for the mail server. After that login to SMICM -> Service from Menu

create a new service SMTPS and assign the port number.

It is a temp change.If you want to make this change permanent. please apply the same from RZ10 profile parameter and restart the apps.

Thanks

Kiran Nekkanti

former_member182503
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Glenn,

the error message says that the PI cannot connect to the outgoing mail server, maybe due to firewall rules or something like that.

Could you check if the PI machine can connect to the outgoing mail server thru SMTPS port (465 or 587, depends of the mail server config.)? You can do a telnet test, from the PI machine to the mail server just like this:

telnet your_mail_server 465

Best Regards,

JN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jose Nunes,

I already do some test with telnet and everything goes fine. the message is : '220 <outgoing_mail_server> Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service Ready '

any other suggestion?

thx,

Glenn