cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BADI for timesheet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyone know whats the BADI name that gets triggered when you click save button in CAT 2 transaction where we can change the timesheet before actually saving it in database?

I know the user exit but I need BADI. I tried finding it through CL_EXITHANDLER and SXV_GET_CLIF_BY_NAME but did not get any help.

Thank you.

<< Moderator message - Moved back - points allowed >>

Edited by: Rob Burbank on Dec 22, 2010 6:14 PM

Edited by: Rob Burbank on Dec 23, 2010 12:46 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont think there is an for CAT2...but there are User Exits

CATS0001 CATS: Set up worklist

CATS0002 CATS: Supplement recorded data

CATS0003 CATS: Validate recorded data

CATS0004 CATS: Deactivate functions in the user interface

CATS0005 CATS: Customer field enhancements

CATS0006 CATS: Validate entire time sheet

CATS0007 CATS: Subscreen on initial screen

CATS0008 CATS: Determine workflow recipients for approval

CATS0009 CATS: Customer-Specific Text Fields in Data Entry Section

CATS0010 CATS: Customer-Specific Text Fields in Worklist

CATS0011 CATS: Customer functions

CATS0012 CATS: Subscreen on data entry screen

Below are frequently user exits for validations and some data can be modified or added :

EXIT_SAPLCATS_002

EXIT_SAPLCATS_003

Edited by: Amosha on Dec 23, 2010 1:09 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mr. Burbank.

I had spent days finding the BADI on the web, SDN, and SAP itself through debugging and asked friends, then only I posted the question here. I appreciate your concern to keep the forums clean and less cluttered.

@Amosha I am getting a feeling that there really is no BADI, but I still do not want to believe that SAP has not given such important BADI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the functionality that you are trying to achieve ....let us discuss whether it could be met with the User exits or not.

Also check [this thread|[;

Former Member
0 Kudos

User exit will not be triggered when someone submits the timesheet through portal, in my case people will be filling in timesheets from portal and I want the control that User Exit "CATS0002 CATS: Supplement recorded data" provides. I need the ability to change the timesheet that user entered through portal, basically I need to check the Interal Order and Csot Center to be validated and possibly update them in BADI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sir,

Actually, CATS0002, CATS0003 and CATS0006 are supported on portal.

You should assign them to a project via CMOD and then modify via SMOD t-code. After you activate, their code works for CAT2 and CATS on ESS (Record Working Time Iview).

Regards,

Bentow.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thats right user exit's and BADI's serve the same purpose, they all trigger from portal without doubt. please check to activate user-exit once its done.

Regards

Raju

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

First of all no user exit is triggerd in cat2 with click of save, You need to press ENTER for them to be triggered

go to Se37 EXIT_SAPLCATS_002 and put a BP here and then go to CAT2 and then press enter you ll see it is triggered

SImilarly in CATS WD ALmost all exits are supported, except few ones check the link above, perform a action in frontend

of CATS

have you tried to implement the exit? WHat exactly you need them for? can you be specific?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You have a badi to determine the approver, vai BADI_CATS_APPROVAL which is triggered on CAT2 as well.

It's the only BADI I know on CAT2.

You can safely use the user-exits provided by the community to perform the saving validations. CATS0003 and CATS0006 are commonly used to validate data and CATS0002 to supplement the timesheet before writing to CATSDB.

On the following link there is a bit more of explanation and some sample codes on the References:

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ERPHCM/User-exitsinCATS

Regards,

Bentow.

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

for CAT2 the exits mentioned are the right ones

refer here more

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/bd/53fa2fcc43594dbf9f406c18989a47/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

This post does not belong to Testing / Playground, well may be it does, but then every question can belong to to Testing and playground. Can you please move it back to HCM forum, I think very less people have time for testing other's problems.

Thank you.

I have to admit that after I moved this thread, I had second thoughts.

Most threads asking for BADIs or exits are asked by people asking for others to do their searching for them. I don't think this is the case here.

So, I've moved it back and points are (re) allowed.

Edited by: Rob Burbank on Dec 23, 2010 12:43 PM