cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Change material' authorization by material type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to restrict the u2018material creationu2019 and u2018change materialu2019 by u2018Material Typeu2019. We have a separate transaction code for creating Raw material MMR1. This tcode will be assigned to the user. The user should be allowed to change the material under material type u2018ROHu2019 only. The problem is we do not have a tcode like MMR2 for the change mode. If I authorize MM02, the user will be able to change all the material irrespective of the material type. Let me know how to control this.

Regards,

K Bharathi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mauro_bianchi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The material type can be controled through the authorization group in MM01/MM02.

The authorization object M_MATE_MAR checks the authorization group of the material type (T134-BEGRU). You will need to ensure that your material types are linked to an authorization group.

If you go into transaction OMS2 (maintain material types) you will see a field called 'Authorization group'. This is a free text field,

please, enter here something relevant.

Please see also the on-line documentation for the authorization object M_MATE_MAR (for example, in transaction SU03).

Regards,

Mauro

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

authorization object M_MATE_MAR can be used to restrict the changability to a certain material type

I never had to use the authorization group field to limit the authoization to a certain material type

Edited by: Jürgen L. on Dec 30, 2010 3:12 PM