cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settlement of an Internal Order to a different Company code

Former Member
0 Kudos

We currently use Internal Orders assigned to Investment Management for capital expenditure and then settle the costs each month to assets under construction using transaction KO8G or KO88. Currently all capital expenditure incurred in the P&L of that company and then settled to assets under construction within that company.

There is now a requirement for capital expenditure to be incurred in one company, but when we settle the costs it is distributed across more than one company as assets under construction, an example of this would be an IT project that will support more than one business.

All the companies are within the same controlling area, but when I try to create a settlement rule to an asset in another company, I get an error message saying the asset is not in the same company code as the internal order. We already do cross-company code posting between the company codes for other cost center expenditure

Can anyone tell me if this is possible, and if so how I would go about it.

Many thanks for any help received

Gareth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Have 2 settlement rules for this order

1. FXA - Fixed asset of same comp code

2. Internal order of another company code

Once settled, then go to Comp Code 2 and settle that new order to the Fixed asset of Comp Code 2...

Also, check if the error msg can be converted to warning

Regards

Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi..

As I understand, Expenses will be booked to a single company P&L a/c as you are doing now but you want to capitalises the expenses to various assets of more than companies.

I think , you have to first repost your expenses from original order to respected company's order ( to be created). you can use reposting cycle if data is more. Then you have seperate order at individual company level. Then you settle the orders as per standard practice.

I think this will help you.

kkumar