Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport from production to development

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have a typical case, we have two BW landscapes, one is Dev and other is Prod

We have developed a Workbook and included 3 queries in the same workbook. When everything worked well, we have moved this workbook and the 3 queries to Production system.

Unfortunately, the BW Dev system undergone a restore operation and we have lost the developed Workbook and other 3 queries.

Now we only had the option either to develop those workbooks and reports again or is it possible to transport these workbooks and queries from production system to development system?

Appreciate your inputs

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi,

1. First collecte it in a workbench TR in Production. and release this request.

2. Now create a TR as "Tranport copies request" in SE10 . This is 3rd type of TR apart from Customizing TR and Workbench TR.

3. Include the components of TR relesed in first step into the TR created in 2nd step.

4. Now go to edit mode for TR created in step 2, specify the DEV system Logical name as the destination for this Tr.

5. Now release this TR. And if you refresh the STMS in DEV you can get it in the list. So import it.

Regards,

Anil Kumar Sharma .P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are now facing the same problem. Trying your solution we get problems within our production system already with Step 1. Our system is not open, so we get an error message (TO128) in Step 1.

Is it necessary to open the complete production system or is it possible to open certain parts instead.

Which parts are concerned?

Regards

Rainer Weber

former_member213043
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anil

Sorry to bother you with an old post, but I followed your steps and the queries can not be activated...

it creates the M version of the objects but does not activate the queries and their content....

I can not see why...Any idea ?

PY

former_member213043
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anil

Forget about my question. The issue was between the keyboard and the chair 😉

For those who will find this post: when collecting object from QA, be careful to collect also objects that were coming from BC or from dev. Queries need the full definition to be active!!!

PY

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member199510
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, we try Collect and have problem in SE03 Customizing. 1. First collecte it in a workbench TR in Production. and release this request. Mensaje is : Setting the system parameters can not change the object ELEM Steps ? You can indicate the NameSpace necesary turn to Modificable ?

shanthi_bhaskar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Prince,

Ask your Basis team do a system copy from PRD to DEV rather than doing through transports as its not best pratice

Thanks

SB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

System copy cannot be done right now, and we need this in the dev system immediately. Any option to transport from Prod to dev

thanks

shanthi_bhaskar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If your Basis team agrees to build tranport queue from PRD to DEV , then you can do tranport

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Never really tried it myself, but you could give it a go with the XML export/import tool I guess.

~Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

a. Collect the required objects into a transport request in Prod.

b. Ask the basis to manually transfer the respective TR file from PROD folder to DEV folder

c. You should then be able to import the request manually into DEV

Speak to basis.

~R