cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Description: (666) Error! Unable to get document!

0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have a problem when running XL reporter on a specific station that runs XP, SAP 2007A Sp01 PL09 and

MS Excel 2010

An error occurred during the process report Initialize

Description: (666) Error! Unable to get document!

Type: 22

Cause: Automation error

XL reporter startup failed

It used to work with Office 2007 but not anymore since Office 2010 is installed.

The user is a local admin member of the group administrator, I did the update for .Net 4.0, uninstall .Net 1.1 and reinstall, tried to replace the config file as per SAP Note 918188, tried uninstall SAP Client, clear the temp files and re-install the client. None if it worked. When I reinstalled SAP Client I had the following message:

u201CMicrosoft Excel is required but not installed. The Excel feature reporting will not worku201D

I can open XL reporter but not generate any reportu2026

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Christophe

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

msundararaja_perumal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per SAP Note:[918188|https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap%28bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==%29/bc/bsp/spn/smb_searchnotes/display.htm?note_langu=E&note_numm=0000918188]

Download the attached file from the note and unzip the .config file to ..\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE12 for Excel 2007 or ..\OFFICE11 for Excel 2003 or ..\OFFICE10 for Excel 2002 on the clients with .NET 2.0 installed.

This .config file tells the Excel.exe to use .NET 1.1 to run.

Hope this is helpful!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a simliar error message.

An error occurred during the process "Report Upgrade".

Description: (666) Workbook preparation failed! Reason: IXFunctions preparation failed! Reason: Object variable or With block variable not set.

XL Reporter startup failed.

I tried the solution you mentioned but still no luck. Any other suggestions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had this same fault.

Have upgraded Sap from PL5 to PL8 and then PL13.

I still have this error???

Dave A.

0 Kudos

Hi Gordon,

Every other station run MS office 2007 or 2003. It works well on these stations.

Thanks,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your version is not good enough to support it.

You need to upgrade to 2007A SP01 PL13, 8.8 PL17 or higher to support office 2010.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christophe,

How about some other stations in similar environment?

Thanks,

Gordon