cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requirement of invoice list in case of a proforma invoice generation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have a case where the customer is indulged with the export sales & he had delivered the excisable goods to his customer (or we can also consider it under STO as one of the above case) & wants to arise a proforma invoice in context to this transaction with the delivery document being taken as the reference document in the billing screen VF01; where, as I have already mentioned that the PGI has been done. Now the problem is this that the billing document is not getting generated with an information log that, '_The invoice list cannot be determined_'. Now I am not able to understand that why this is happening? This was the delivery related with a single line item.

I went for changing the billing relevance field at VOV7 from 'A' to 'J' & even tried by changing the copying requirement from '010' to '311' at VTFL, from LF to F8 (as this is normally followed during the issue of free samples & subseqyent free of charge deliveries); but was not able to get the required output.

What to do? Kindly assist.

With regards,

M.S.Kumar.

Edited by: M.Santosh.Kumar on Jan 28, 2011 7:25 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
The invoice list cannot be determined

I never experienced this message when generating an export invoice (proforma or commercial). Can you please update the forum the error message number ??

Meanwhile, what routine is assigned at VTFL header level ?? It should have been 009.

Similarly, at item level also, routine 10 is correct. In case you want to control creating multiple proformas, then routine 311 can be assigned. Similarly, Billing Relevance "A" is also correct. Dont change these settings. Better check once again the document flow and update the forum.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

My problem is straight forward i.e. :

1) I want to generate a proforma invoice.

2) The billing type being F8, delivery related proforma invoice.

3) Billing document is not getting generated.

4) Error log : Invoice list date cannot be determined.

5) Delivery has been created in favour of an intra company STO.

6) How to raise the proforma invoice ?

With regards,

M.S.Kumar.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Better check once again the document flow and update the forum.

You have not updated on this. In fact, in the other thread, you had indicated that you had created PO > SO > Delivery and I had asked why you have done like this for which, there is no answer yet from your end.

Unless you spell out your issue clearly, you wont get suitable suggestions.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

4) Error log : Invoice list date cannot be determined.

Check your customer master --> Sales Area View --> Billing Tab

Maintain Facory calender in Invoicing Date and Invoicing List Date field, and then try to run the transaction.

Regards,

Amitesh Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) The document flow is like this that between the two plants for e.g. 1000 & 1100 under the same company code the stock transfer needs to take place.

2) Plant 1000 is devoid of the required amount of stock, hence it raised an enquiry for the aforesaid amount of stock with plant 1100

3) Plant 1100 confirmed the availability of stock

4) Plant 1000 raised a purchase order with plant 1100

5) Plant 1100 raised the sales order for the required quantity of stock with plant 1000, & has done the PGI under delivery.

6) Now the plant 1100 wants to raise one proforma invoice with respect to the delivery of goods being done to the corresponding plant 1000 & one commercial invoice for the payments to be made.

7) The processing from raising the purchase order to the delivery of the goods to the respective plant has already being performed.

😎 At the moment of creating the proforma invoice with billing type F8, the system is throwing an error message that it is not able to generate the billing document because of the reason that the invoice list date cannot be determined.

or else in the other way, in simple manner what needs to be done when simply the billing document is not getting generated in context to a delivery document because of the reason that the invoice list date could not be determined. Does this have to do anything with the POD time frame or the pricing conditions being defined under the pricing procedure which has not been followed upon while processing the sales order?

With regards,

M.S.Kumar.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

On your point no.5 & 6, can you please let me know from which plant, proforma should be generated. If you want to generate proforma from plant 1000, then the stock should be taken into account in plant 1000. Else, PGI and proforma should be generated from 1100.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member

Dear Experts,

The issue was resolved by removing the billing date under billing tab of sales area data section of customer master under the inter company customer being defined under the stock transfer order under materials management under IMG screen.

Thanking You,

With regards,

M.S.Kumar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. Your solution solved my ticket quickly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We got a similar error (VF111 - invoice list date cannot be determined) as well while trying to invoice our customers (VF01) in early 2012.

It was found to be a missing in the Factory Calendar maintenance.

In our Customer Master setting, XD02 -> Sales Area Data -> Billing Documents, we have set InvoiceListDates tbox set to a certain Factory Calendar. Unfortunately, that particular Factory Calendar was not maintained for the new year (it was only up to 2011 when we tried to invoice in 2012). So we moved in a transport with the new SCAL calendar setting - and it resolved all problem.