cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RPTARQPOST background scheduling

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

As i am new to SAP EP, i seek your valuable advices on this issue.

At my client side they have implemented SAP ESS for leave request , now everythig is fine but in some cases the leave request after getting approved also is not getting posted.

I checked it though PTARQ and could find that we are running the background scheduling of the report RPTARQPOST .

This report is run three times a day , and from three diffrent ID's .

This is because there are employees of different personnel areas so we are running report from the ID's of three diffrent HR Executives which belong to three diffrent personnel subareas and authorization levels.

but in case of one id the leaves are not getting posted ,because the 1st scheduling is done from that ID and leave requests of other personnel subareas also gets included , and these leves which have errors are not getting posted.

Kindly suggest .

Regards,

Neha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

harishtk1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Standard Practice 1 is - use a BATCH user id with all authorizations to run batch jobs and update data in batch. This BATCH user ID will not be a DIALOG user id, hence no one will be able to log in using this id and misuse it. Disucss with Basis admin

for threshing out the details.

Standard practise 2 - for RPTARPOST - schedule it with much greater frequency ... in many places I have worked the frequency is once every hour. This ensures that leave requests are posted almost as soon as they are approved.

Standard Practise 3 - On selection screen of RPTARQPOST there is a check box "Post with Infotype Match"... this will ensure that requests which errored out will be reconsidered in subsequent runs.

Hope this helps.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Rptarqpost is usually run frequently depening upon the load

Also note that the reason sometimes leave request are not posted is due to the fact that the current personal number was locked due to payroll, a collision occured etc, You can do foreground run and verify

run the rptarqerr or rptarqerr_all to see all error status records

and note that error status records are always tried to be posted again by rptarqpost, if they are already posted you can

change status via rptarqerr

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First of all why do you want RPTARQPOST to run from 3 different IDs? Any particular reason behind this? Once run, RPTARQPOST will include all the leave requests that have been approved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply , as i stated the report is run from 3 diff Id's as all 3 of them have different authorizations as per personnel area & subarea .

So if an employee belongs to Pers. Area A and 1st ID does not have edit authorization of 2006 infotype of Pers. Area A then the leave will not be posted.

regards,

Neha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Directly creating a leave in 2001 can have limitations by means of authorization groups and its is advisable to do so. Howvere leaves that are getting approved via workflow, I do not think, should have authorization limitation when it comes to posting in 2001.

I suggest, you create an ID with all authorization and run RPTARQPOST by that. In this way this ID will get stored in the Last Changed field of 2001, which will make it easier to recognize that which leaves have been approved via workflow.

Whenever run, RPTARQPOST will capture all leaves. No idea if there is any possibility that RPTARQPOST will selectively do that

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

What is use of scheduling the RPTARQPOST program. Do you have any audit reports which will give u the details of the leaves updated from whcih id's.

If you don't have any such audit report. It's better to schedule the job with new id which have authorizations to 2006 for all employees.

Or

TIme admins need to run this report RPTARQERR to process the error records.