cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Risks/Consequences Associated with changing short text in BS22

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to change the short text of some status of the TJ02T table (i.e. I need to change the short description of status I0098 from CRT to CREA).

Someone can tell me if there are risks or contraindications associated with this change in BS22?

Thanks

Elisa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Elisa,

In general it is not good idea to change anything in BS22 as this can seriously mess up your system.

Why do you want to do this?

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pete,

I'm involved in a SAP R/3 release upgrade project (from 4.6c to ECC 6.0) and I found some differences in status short texts between these releases.

Final users would like to have the same short text of their current release (4.6c), so I'm evaluating the possibility to make this simple change, but I'd like to carefully consider possible risks.

So do you advise me to avoid this change?

Thanks

Elisa

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Elisa

In my ECC6 system I0098 is already CRTE...

My personal opinion is that this is a user-training issue and BS22 should stay standard..

There is a user-exit which manipulates the text on the status in an object (order, notif, etc) without changing BS22.

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my ECC 6 system the status I0098 is CRTE for english and CRT for italian.

Otherwise in my 4.6 system the status I0098 is CRTE for english and CREA for italian.

So the issue occurs only for the italian language.

Final users, that are still working on 4.6 system, would like to have in ECC 6 system the same italian short text as in 4.6.

Which is the user-exit you mentioned in the previous post?

Thank you very much

Elisa

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

User-exit STATTEXT (TCode SMOD)

PeteA