cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload planned data via excel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

I tried to upload the data in excel via 7KEX but encountered some problem.

I have followed the below link and create the planner profile and layout and excel format.

http://help.sap.com/saphelperp60_sp/helpdata/en/e9/254f2815b311d2a5610060087a7a87/frameset.htm_

However, I keep having problem linking the file description and the generic file name. Can someon give a more detailed step on how to create and save the file description and link it to the generic file name ?

I keep having the warning message "file name XXXX.xls does not extist" when i save the settings in KP34PC.

Thanks.

Angel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Angel,

Well !!! I am wellversed with this Excel uploading process and help you by explaining the process in below steps..

1). Create Planing Layout for Profit center in 7KEA transaction Code

2). EC-PCA Maintain Planned Profiles in transaction code KP34PC

3). In KP34PC transaction code, First you enter your planner profile name and save.

4). Then Select the planner profile which you have created in step 3 and double click on Profit Center Accounting folder left hand side.

5). In the subsequent screen, select new entries button and select the planning area Cost/Revenues & Give the CUDK and QTDK and also select document type - P0

6). After the above step Save once

7). Then select the Planning area Cost/Revenues step and double click on Layouts for Controlling folder from left side

8). In the next screen, select new entries button and enter the item 10 or some other number you can give. Select the Planning layout which you have created for this. Select Overview & Integrated check box

9). Select the above item and Double click on Default parameters

10). In the next screen, you should give the Version - Planning period, Fiscal year and company code, Profit center and Accounts if there any

11). Select Form Based radio button

12). Now press F5 button or Overview Screen button. Now the system will generate teh File Description and take you to next screen where you can see Excel opened

13). In that screen first select Check button to know the consistancy of the profile. It will give message saying that it is consistant like that

14). No select Generic File button. You will get one pop up. There you have to give some name. For example - SAPFICO*.TXT and then Press enter.

15). Next From the menu select File Description option --> under that select --> SAVE ALLL option

16). Now DONT DO ANYTHING after 15th step and simply select BACK ARROW. Now you will be coming to parameters screen. You just select save button in the Parameters Button.

17). From the Parameters screen, select Back arrow to come back to Layouts for Controlling (Planner profile configuration screen)

18). In the Layouts for Controlling screen you can be able to see your File Description which you have created. Now Dont forget to SAVE in this screen.

After the above configuration, Before loadoing the file into the system, you have to select your planner profile in 7KEX screen - Other wise, system will not identify you file description and throw an error.

Let me know if you still face any issues..

Thanks

Fit 4 Nothing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks, it helps.

If I want to create an excel format to upload the plan data for 12 months in a single excel file instead of 1 full year figure, is it possible ? How to do it ?

Thanks.

Angel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Another problem,

I also created a upload file for cost center planning. However, when I tried to upload via KP06 -> upload excel, i encounter the following error :

Internal error: Function module PCA_PP_GET_INFO was called up incorrectly

Message no. KM340

Diagnosis

Function module PCA_PP_GET_INFO was called up incorrectly: Wrong transaction code

Procedure

Contact your system administrator.

Please advise

Thanks alot.

Angel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My mistake. The above error resolved. now left with the below question.

If I want to create an excel format to upload the plan data for 12 months in a single excel file instead of 1 full year figure, is it possible ? How to do it ?

Thanks

Angel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I want to create a new planning layout for SKF input, how do i do it ? I can't seem to be able to create with reference via KP65.

Please ad\vise.

Thanks,

Angel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Angel,

1st Method -If you prepare the excel with period 1 to 12, the amount will be equally distributed among 12 periods. For example: For cost element 700100 -Salaries, you have given 120000/- as planned values in the excel and period 1 to 12 given. In that case, system will distribute that 120000 into 12 periods and each period will be shown as 10,000 in S_ALR_87013611 report.

2nd Method - Like above process, if you dont like all the periods have same amount like 10,000/- and you want to have variable amounts for each month... you have no other way other than 12 times upload for 12 periods.

For example- If you want to maintain plan values for cost element 700100 -salaries for January 12,000 and feb 10000 and march 140000 like wise, You should go for separate load for each period/month. It is not possible to have single load if you want to maintain differnt values for every month..

I have tried this alot but finally came to know there is no possibility for this.. I hope you got the points now..

Thanks

Fit 4 Nothing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the t-code to create a new planning layout for SKF input ? i can't create it via KP65. I can't seem to be able to create the planning layout with reference to another layout via KP65. I am trying to use the layout "1-301" in KP46.

Please ad\vise.

What is the difference between activity type and statistical key figure ? And their usage ?

Thanks.

Angel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to create planning layout for SKF in KP85 transaction code.Planner Profile is common and you can create it in the same place where you can create for cost centers..

Thanks

Fit 4 Nothing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I manage to create the layout for SKF.

But would like to know the difference between activity and SKF. And their usages.

Thanks alot for the support.

Angel.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Still need answer for activity type pricing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Angel,

Kindly go through the fallowing link. it help's to you further understanding.

BR,

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I managed to link it.

Burt when I upload, I keep having the below error message :

A value must be specified for characteristic CO Area

A value must be specified for characteristic Plan/actual indic.

A value must be specified for characteristic Company Code

A value must be specified for characteristic Ledger

Value 000 in field "Period" is less than 1

A value must be specified for characteristic Version

A value must be specified for characteristic Account Number

Error occurred when generating data for the planning processor

I have entered all the data. For the generic file name, I have saved as XXXXXX*.CSV. Is this ok ? Or must it be .TXT ?

Thanks.

Angel