Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save NFPA (National Fire Protection Association) Diamond Data in SAP

alejandro_lpez
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need to save the product information regarding to NFPA Diamond in SAP, i have been searching possible fields in transaction DGP1 but i have not found an appropiated.

Does anybody know when i could save this information in SAP for every Material?

Thanks in advance.

Alejandro López.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hello Alejandro

the NFPA systematic is a standard to "describe" hazards (refer to e.g. http://www.nfpa.org/faq.asp?categoryID=928#23057). Transaction DGP1 is related to Dangerous Goods management (SAP EHS DG Module).

Normally NFPA is not used in Dangerous Goods Management but in Hazardous Substance Management (SAP EHS HSM Module) and(or on Labels (SHAP EHS Global Label Management) and MSDS (SAP EHS PS module).

It is "well known" that NFPA data is printed on documents in contact with the transport/customer etc.

As explained by Kesahav:

you can maintain data in the property tree (you need phrases etc.). To my knowledge "nothing" is provided by standard in SAP EHS DG management (that means normally this data is not transferred to the DG master to be used in DG management).

In any case if necessary you can enlarge the DG master (change filling process; enhance DG master etc.). Personally in my opinion NFPA belongs to "hazardous substance management" and therefore to the Hazardous master data (which is a different object and not maintained in DGP1).

May be this helps in addition.

With best regards

C.B:

Edited by: Christoph Bergemann on Feb 5, 2011 4:17 PM

Edited by: Christoph Bergemann on Feb 5, 2011 4:25 PM

Edited by: Christoph Bergemann on Feb 13, 2011 11:34 AM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alejandro,

You need to maintain the NFPA data in product safety under standard property tree as value assignment (path: Regulations> Classification>North America-->NFPA Rating). You can print the diamond using symbols.

Regards,

Keshav