Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Version Management in PO

vikas_sehra2
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have set Version management Active for Document Type for POs - SPRO -> Version Management -> Set up Version Management for Externally Purchasing documents

How can I track changes done in PO for the same document type as although I have release/Quantity changed but not able to check.

Regards,

Vikas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

GO though the link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/8a/60b43bb7492147e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

which self explanatory.

It will restrict for P.O print out or release and creates new version. It will not restrict rather hold the document.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

vikas_sehra2
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks alot.

Done with CDHDR and CDOPS .....

kailas_ugale
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

As you complete you version management setting in external doc

for first time system will create version 0 while creating po

when you fully relaese po and then make changes in po,system will create version 1

likewise system will create version and you can find it at header level at po on version tab

Regards

Kailas

vikas_sehra2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have made Version Management active for Doc Type (NB and ZNB) an dPur Org.

For PO output settings done:

SPRO>MM>Purchasing>Message>Output control>Message types> Define message type for Purchase Order-->Fine-Tuned Control: Purchase Order-> Print Operation 2 and C Type NEU Update Print related Data Activated

This is working fine for one Document type : ZNB and version changes from 0->1->2 on changes and finally released but for Document Type NB version 0 is updated for changes done and there is no new version.

Same settings done for both Doc Types but cannot understand different system behavior.

Regards,

Vikas

former_member533946
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi dear,

How can I track changes done in PO for the same document type as although I have release/Quantity changed but not able to check.

Note that version management will only indicate that you have created version for PO.

If you want to see the changes made at line level in PO (Quantity changed) there are other options

1) Go to ME22N/ME23N select the line item and then go to Environment and select the option of item changes now you will be able to see the changes made at the item level.

2) If you want it in the form of report use T. code AUT10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

And also check if the version is closed and outputted ...

Regards,

Syed Hussain.