0 Kudos

Hi,

I have several levels for my Functional Location Structure:

GR22

GR22-01

GR22-01-0135

GR22-01-0135-BU

etc. etc.

I maintained the Planning Plant, Maintenance Plant and ABC indicator at the first level and expected to see the same values in the levels below.

However the system behaves somewhat randomly. Some levels have the information copied from the superior FL whereas others don't. When looking at the Data origin list I can see that for those fields at some levels the flag is set for individual maintenance instead of Superior functional location.

Why this randomness? I've looked at previous posts on this forum and from what I understand there is no customizing setting to correct this. Everywhere I look the only suggestion is an LSMW that changes the data origin in those fields to "Superior equipment".

Are my assumptions correct? Any other suggestions other than LSMW? Are there any changes for the newer version ECC 6.0?

Thanks in advance

SAP FANS post:

http://www.sapfans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=349582

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

paul_meehan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Depending on the reason for 'individual maintenance' you may be able to manually change the indicator via IL02 - Edit > Data origin.

A possible reason for the situation is that some of the lower levels were created before the upper level. In that case the lower level (but first created) would be set to individual maintenance. In this case you will not be able to edit the indicator.

If inheritance was unset because a individual value was specified for the relevant field at some time, you should be able to edit it manually.

-Paul

Answers (0)