cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regsvr32 craxdrt.dll ( Version 11.5.8.826 )

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have installed in the Crystal Reports developer Edition R2 SP2 on my machine.

I could find the craxdrt.dll which is required by my VB6 code refrences cestions to display a reports in VB6.0 application.

As I need to run the VB6.0 application and the report in a different machine. I have copied the craxdrt.dll file into the new system and when I try to register the craxdrt.dll file into the registery by putting the file into the C:\WINNT\System32\ folder and goind to the command window

C:\WINNT\System32> regsvr32 craxdrt.dll

then I get the following error message :

regsvr32

-

Loadlibrary("craxdrt.dll") failed - the specified module could not be found

But I am actually able to do the same thing for regitering the craxdrt.dll for 8.5 version and 11.0 version, using the regsvr32 craxdrt.dll file in the Command window.

Please let me know how can I register the craxdrt.dll file for 11.5.8.826 version from the command window, for accessing the dll reference from the VB6.0 applicaion code. I have the reports developed in the Crystal reports XI R2 SP2 version, which I need to run in the new systems with VB6.0 code.

Thanks,

Shyam S

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Unfortunately no - not supported. we'd need cr XI R2 to be a few years forwards compatible which it is not

See: Crystal Reports Report Designer Component Runtime Distribution - Versions pre 8.0.x to 12.0 - Busine...

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter

Got Enhancement ideas? Use the SAP Idea Place

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shyam,

It looks like you haven't deployed the necessary merge modules. You can't just copy over the craxdrt.dll and try to register it. There are too many dependencies. Manual deployment of the necessary runtime files hasn't been supported since Crystal Reports XI (v11.0). You will need to create a Report Designer Component (RDC) distribution package. Here's some information that should help.

[Creating an RDC Distribution Package for CR XI|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/901c0761-cf1d-2b10-dea4-8e83937a9337].

[1218571 - How to distribute the Report Designer Component (RDC) in Crystal Reports XI|https://bosap-support.wdf.sap.corp/sap/support/notes/1218571].

[1218420 - Which distribution software supports using the RDC merge modules|https://bosap-support.wdf.sap.corp/sap/support/notes/1218420].

These documents were written for CR XI (v11.0), but the process is the same for CR XI R2 (v11.5). You just need to use the v11.5 merge modules. You can find links for downloading the merge modules in the sticky post at the top of this forum.

[Where to find Crystal Reports RDC SDK resources|;.

Look for the Crystal Reports XI Release 2 RDC Merge Modules using the "Download" information in the sticky post.

This question has been covered many times in this forum already. Please search this forum for deployment questions to find additional answers to your question.

Once you've built your distribution package and deployed it to your client machine your VB6 application should run correctly.

Sincerely,

Dan Kelleher

0 Kudos

Hi Shyam S,

One thing that looks odd is the Windows folder you are running regsvr32 from. It would appear you are using Windows NT 4.0? Be aware that that OS is no longer supported either by Microsoft or SAP.

See the platforms.pdf file supported OS's.

Thank you

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don / Dan,

I had already reistered the following merge modules (.msm ) files by bulding and deploying them as packaged .msi file in the new system prior to registering the craxdrt.dll:

1. CrystalReports11_rdc_reportengine.msm

2. CrystalReports11_rdc_runtime.msm

3. CrystalReports11_rdc_license.msm

4. CrystalReports11_rdc_designtime.msm

The system in which I was trying to register the DLL is Windows 2000 machine.

In this system I was able to register CRViewer.dll for both 11.0 and 11.5 versions.

My reports were developed in 11.5 version of Crystal reports.

Eventhough I was not able to register the craxdrt.dll 11.5 version in the above machine, I was able to register the Craxdrt.dll 11.0 version in the machine. And my Crystal Reports 11.5 were working properly with the craxdrt.dll 11.0 version in the Windows 2000 machine now, without any difficulty.

But our client systems are Windows XP machines, where we have to deploy the reports.

When I am trying to register the craxdrt.dll version with the Windows XP machines, I was not able to register both the 11.0 and 11.5 versions of the craxdrt.dll , because of which the reports are not working. Please suggest the solutions for this problem in XP machine.

Thanks,

Shyam S

0 Kudos

Hi Shyam,

Try getting to Service Pack 6 for both your DEV PC and the runtime Merge Modules as Dan suggested. It is actually easier to copy your keycode using LicenseManager.exe, uninstlal CR and then download Service Pack 4 and SP 5 and 6. I recall there was an issue with earlier versions of craxdrt having the same GUID ID for both versions.

Also, when you register a COM dll it will throw that error id one of the dependencies is missing. Use a tool called Dependency Walker to find what is missing. Likely the C++ runtime distribution.

In the Merger Modules we don't supply everything required, you have to include those Microsoft dependencies yourself including the MS dependencies we require.

Here are the links to get to SP 6:

https://smpdl.sap-ag.de/~sapidp/012002523100011802732008E/crxir2_sp4_full_build.exe

https://smpdl.sap-ag.de/~sapidp/012002523100013876392008E/crxir2win_sp5.exe

https://smpdl.sap-ag.de/~sapidp/012002523100015859952009E/crxir2win_sp6.exe

https://smpdl.sap-ag.de/~sapidp/012002523100013451322010E/crxir2_fp64_rdc_mm.zip

Thank you

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This time while registering the craxdrt.dll in the XP machine we are getting the following error:

Regsvr32 craxdrt.dll

"Error 429: Activex component can't create object"

Thanks,

Shyam S

0 Kudos

Hi Shyam,

That is a MS error code. Search using Google and you may find more info on the cause.

You still have not used Dependency Walker to find the missing dependency.

Make sure you are a local PC administrator when installing also.

Thank you

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

We ran the Dependency Walker (Depends.exe) and the only .dll which was missing was 'mpr.dll'

I have already installed the .msi file with the following msm files:

Other than these, I have copied the CRViewer.dll and Craxdrt.dll files to the XP system.

Do we need to install any other .dlls files for running the crystal reports 11.5 in a windows XP machine ?

Is cradrt.dll 11.5.8.826 (Crystal 11 R2 SP2 ) not compatible with XP machine ?

Or is there any mandatory list of .dll / .ocx files to be registered, which is a prerequesite to register the craxdrt.dll file in a XP system and run crystal reports 11.5 ?

Thanks,

Shyam S

0 Kudos

See Dan's post on how to.

Not sure why you keep saying you are manually deploying craxdrt and crviewer? They get installed with the MSM's.

Get up to Service Pack 6 and then rebuild your deployment pack with the SP 6 Merge Modules.

There will be a dependency on C++ runtime for VS whcih may be missing.

Again, those are MISExec error codes so look for info on MS's site on how to resolve.

Thank you

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

I was able to regiter the craxdrt.dll and crviewer.dll files for the 11.5.12.1838 version throung the RegSvr32 command prompt.

Also I checked the Depency Walker and now there are no dependencies.

When running the VB6.0 application with the Crystal reports in the VB code while generating the reports from the application:

Call rptDbTable.SetTableLocation(UCase(g_DB_UserID) & Mid(rptDbTable.Location, InStr(1, rptDbTable.Location, ".")), "", "")

I am getting the following error:

Run-time error '5':

Invalid procedure call or argument

This line in VB application is setting the Datatable table location fo the Crystal Report.

Also I found out that the crdb_oracle.dll is not registered though it should get registered automatically duing the installation of merge modules for SP2 R6 version in the system. Then when I tried the manually register the crdb_oracle.dll versions 11.0, 11.5, 12.1 by RegSvr32 through command prompt, I am getting the error:

Loadlibrary("crdb_oracle.dll") failed - the specified module could not be found

Please let me know how can I resolve this error. Can I get the crdb_oracle.dll for other vesions ? why is it not registering in windows XP machines ? There are no dependencies for the application.

Thanks & Regards,

Shyam S

0 Kudos

Our database dll's do not need to be registered, they are not COM based.

Error 5 is not a CR error code. Search MSDN for more info on that number.

Thank you

Don

0 Kudos

Thank you

Don

0 Kudos

Thank you

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok Don, I will not register the Database Dlls.

For checking whether the Crystal Installation was installed properly in the XP machine, I unistalled the Crystal Reports SP6, SP5 and SP4 Full build from the XP system and then again reInstalled the Crystal XI SP4 Full build on the XP machine. I am getting the following error messages during the installation for which I pressed 'Ignore' to continued with the Installation:

Error 1 :

Error 1904. Module C:\Program Files\Business Objects\Common\3.5\bin\commonobjmodel.dll failed to register.

HRESULT -2147024770. Contact your support personnel.

Error 2 :

Error 1904. Module C:\Program Files\Business Objects\Common\3.5\bin\crqe.dll failed to register.

HRESULT -2147024770. Contact your support personnel.

What would be your soultion for these errors. Would Intalling the Crystal SP4 FULL Build or Redistributable MSI packages in a new XP machine would solve this problem ?

Thanks,

Shyam S

0 Kudos

When you get this error it typically indicates some dependency is missing. If you use a tool Called Depends you can open up that dll and it should tell you what it's missing. Likely some C++ file like msvc dll.

You'll have to install the Visual Studio C++ Security update from MS.

Thank you

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

I'm taking up Shyam's work, since he moved to different assignment.

As per the Shyam's final update, the XP System has been crashed and we rebuilt the machine and it is ready for use.

We are doing some ground work on which Version and Service Package to select. Hope if we select the appropriate version then half of the work should be complete. We were not clear with the version of Crystal Reports last time but as per the advise we received from SAS forums, we initially tried with Crystal Reports Version XI Service Pack 2 but it was not working and after that we tried with SP3,4,5 but it was not working either and finally the XP machine got corrupted.

Could you please update us to select the appropriate version to upgrade the

- Crystal Report file from version 8.5

- Visual Basic with 6.0

- Oracle backend 9.2.0.8

For XP Professional Version 2002 SP3

Regards,

Syed

0 Kudos

Hi Syed,

OK for starters if you are using CR 8.5 and you do not update your app to use CR XI R2 files then distributing R2 won't work.

For distributing CR 8.5 files you have to do it manually, we did not have redist packages.

So either upgrade your app and CR runtime to CR XI R2 or what ever runtime you have on your DEV PC version 8.5 is what you need to distribute.

Thank you

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dan,

Could you please mention the Service Pack. Since our XP machine got corrupted when we tried installing SP 2,3,4 and 5. But it was not working. In our initial installation we registered the below mentioned (merge modules)msm packages

Regards,

Syed

0 Kudos

If you go to our download page you can get the matching distribution package to match the Service pack.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to install/register craxdrt.dll on Windows Server 2012? If so, how?

Thanks,

Luca.