cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Valuate Absences after Quota Deduction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have configured 3 sick leave quota and assigned it to 1 deduction rule hence to 1 Absence type.

But 1st quota is fully paid 2nd is half paid and third is unpaid, for that i used Valuate Absences after Quota Deduction option from customizing in table T554A with 3 different Counting Classes for Absence Valuation.

But wen i run payroll it is giving me the following error No entry in table T554C. Now that i have assigned a valuation rule to my absence type in T554C it is not considering configuration in table T554A and deduction salary for all 3 quotas as same.

I don't understand the link between Absence type and quota in the customizing of Absence Valuation.

I have also maintained X for function RAB in the schema. Please advise, what could be wrong.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

read here absence quota deduction detemines how it is evaluated

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_470/helpdata/en/71/4c47114c4611d1890b0000e8323d3a/content.htm

IN absence valuation we define different rules for processing absences in payroll. You can specify which calculation basis should be used to valuate a paid absence, and also that that allowances are granted for certain absences, while others involve deductions.

For example, you can:

Specify bases for determining salary reductions for an unpaid day of absence

Determine a fixed vacation allowance per day of absence

Specify how an illness should be valuated

Determine that an absence should be valuated using an average salary to be defined at a later stage

Specify processing methods for special requirements

There are four different methods of valuating absences. You can use one method, or a combination of several methods.

The following provides an introduction to the four methods.

1. Form counting classes for factoring:

Absences which are not paid, or only partially paid, lead to a reduction in salary.

Example: Employees who have taken unpaid leave should be subject to a reduction in salary.

2. Valuate absences using the 'as if' principle:

The absence is valuated as if the employee had worked.

Example: If employees are absent due to incapacity to work and are being paid, they should receive the same bonuses for working on Sundays and public holidays as they would if they were actually at work.

3. Valuate absences using averages or constants:

The number of absence hours, absence days, calendar days, payroll days or payroll hours is entered in the number field of the wage type.

Example: The average amount of overtime worked by the employee merits a supplementary vacation allowance.

4. User-specific calculation:

If the standard methods of absence valuation are not adequate for your purposes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply,

I am aware of the 4 methods of Valuation, and i am using, 1. Form counting classes for factoring.

I have also read the Technical Procedure for Absence Valuation link provided by u, from that what i am trying to do it this:

"If parameter 3 of function RAB contains the entry X, the absence valuation rule can be changed using the Breakdown of Absences after Quota Deduction table (T554A). In this way, you can implement a special absence valuation that is dependent on the quota from which the absence is deducted".

But as mentioned earlier it is not considering configuration in table T554A and deduction salary for all 3 quotas as same.

For Ex: i have 3 quota

01 Full paid

02 Half paid

03 unpaid

And i have only 1 Absence type

0001 Sick leave

The quota gets deducted according to the deduction rule. Now when the absence valuation is done it is considering table V_554S_G. where as i want it to consider table T554A.

Hi Sikindar,

It think you will know, request your assistance.

Thanks.

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The link Between Absence type , Quota with Absence Valuation will be the Valuation Rule where if the absence is Paid or unpaid

Before going to the configuration can you please let us know about the below points

1.Do you have Time evaluation or No time evaluation

2.As said by you the

For Ex: i have 3 quota

01 Full paid

02 Half paid

03 unpaid

When this has to be happen in the Payroll where in case 2 and 3 even though the employee is haveing enough Quota does his salary has to be Reduced as the Rule

Yes this can be done in standrad with slight change in the Configuration

in case if you dont have TE

Configure Three Valution rules with

01 Full paid

02 Half paid

03 unpaid

and assign this valuation rules for the absence types in V_554S_G and test and dont go for any other changes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help sikindar,

1.Do you have Time evaluation or No time evaluation

Yes, i am using a copy of TM04 fro TE ans the status i am maintaining in IT0007 is 7 & 9 and i have tried for both employees with status 7 & 9 but did not work.

When this has to be happen in the Payroll where in case 2 and 3 even though the employee is having enough Quota does his salary has to be Reduced as the Rule

Which ever quota the leave has been deducted from the valuation should be according to that.

Ex: If quota 01 Full paid has 2 leaves left and i am applying for 4 leaves then the remaining 2 will be deducted from 02 Half paid, and i have done this configuration through deduction rule & it is working fine.

And when i run payroll is run it has to valuate 2 days full paid and 2 days half paid but it is valuating full paid for all 4 days.

Configure Three Valuation rules with

01 Full paid

02 Half paid

03 unpaid

and assign this valuation rules for the absence types in V_554S_G and test and dont go for any other changes

I have configured three "Absence valuation rule:Counting class"

05 Full paid

06 Half paid

07 Unpaid

But i cannot assign more than 1 valuation rule to my absence type in V_554S_G as i have 1 absence type only.

But i have assigned the 3 Valuation rule for my 3 different absence quotas in table T554A but it does not work and when i run payroll it always checks & valuates from table V_554S_G.

I wonder what is wrong, If there is an option it has to work.

Thanks in advance.

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In that case use Priority for deduction sequence for quotas

Specifies the priority with which the quota types should be taken into account when determining the deduction sequence.

I

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have assigned the sequence for the quota type already, the config is as below.

Table V_554S_G

PSG A/AType Start Date End Date Val.rule Cat I

01 SICK 01.01.1900 31.12.9999 05

If i don't assign 05 here it gives error in payroll "No entry in table T554C".

Table T554A

Val.rule PSGpg ESG AQTyp No End Date Start Date Val.rule Text Quota text

5 1 3 07 1 31.12.9999 01.01.1990 5 100% paid Sick Leave Full Paid

6 1 3 08 2 31.12.9999 01.01.1990 6 50% paid Sick Leave Half Paid

7 1 3 09 3 31.12.9999 01.01.1990 7 Unpaid Sick Leave Unpaid

why should we assign Valuation rule 2 times here, 1st column & 8th column.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sikindar,

i have the almost same problem with absence quota valuation & i posted a question with the following link:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3353520

could you please help me.

Thanks