cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Number mandatory when creating / changing BOM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have a requirement from the business users to activate ECM and History Requirement for Production Planning folks. As a result of this activation we are now experiencing the Change Number to also be mandatory for Functional Location BOM (IB11/IB12) as well as the Material BOM Create and Change. However, this does not affect the Equipment BOM (IB01/ IB02), the Change Number is not mandatory for Equipment BOM despite ECM and History Requirement being activated.

There is no requirement from Plant Maintenance users to have History Requirement and Change Number field to be mandatory for Material BOM or Functional Location BOM. So Iu2019m interested in learning from you guys if the ECM and History Requirement could be locked down to BOM Usage or something similar so that Plant Maintenance users are not required to enter Change Number when creating or Changing Material BOM and / or Functional Location BOM.

If you can help and are aware of a solution to overcome this issue then please provide as much detail as possible around the required configuration.

Many thanks,

Orange

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I thought I would share my experience on this topic as it took a while to find the final solution. Using most of the details in this thread I have successfully enabled change management for BOM's and made the change number mandatory for changes only.

In Tx OS54 - Check box selection for - Revision Level Active, Higher Revision Level and Revision Level Automatic

In Tx - OS53 - Maintain the number ranges (external / internal)

In Tx - SPRO \ Cross-Application Components \ Engineering Change
Management \ Define Statuses for Change Master Records

I added the inactive status with all check boxes blank.

In Tx OS27 - Check box selection for - BOM Validity and EC Management Active. (The History Requirement can be checked to request a change number for BOM creation also).

In Tx OS25 - Entered the BOM usages and status' I wanted to apply change management to with the 'History Requirement' check box set.

This then gave a warning when changing a BOM to state a change number is required.

This can be made mandatory for BOM changes by adding Authorization object C_STUE_NOH and setting the value "No" (In the authorization matrix check in PFCG) for a BOM change role. Within our business we have a different role for BOM changes.

Now the change number is mandatory for BOM changes for the specified BOM usages.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards

Andre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

even though this message has been answered some time ago, I thought it would be helpful to report that I had de same issue lately, while I was searching for a solution I steped to this message, but to fully solve my problem I had to take an extra step not mentioned before.

I had followed the steps bellow, mentioned by Jiaul Haque.

1.Go to SAP T-code OS27 ---Mark the check boxes BOM Validity maint. , EC management active & History reqmt.

2.Go to SAP T-code OS25 -- Mark  History Requirement  for the BOM usage - BOM status combination

3.Go to PFCG with your Basis -Enter the Role for BOM- Mark create , modify BOM's to have the authorization object C_STUE_NOH with the value NO

However, it was returning a warning message only. In order return an error message, I had to go to OS68, as mentioned by Khayyam Farman. But i faced the same problem mentioned by Orange, there was no entries related to my BOM categories.

I did a research through SAP Service that led me to SAP Note 426494 - Differentiation of history requirement. This note contains a report that fills the TCS09 table, accessed by OS68.

After apply that correction I enabled the the content to OS68 then I could check the obligation of inform ECM.

Best Regards, Rafael Stecanella.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Orange,

I have searched for your requirement and I found that ECM cannot be activated for specific BOM usage purpose.

As per std SAP u can create BOM with different usage for same material. So considering this scenario, SAP might not have provided ECM for different BOM usage.

You might have to go through authorization process.

Do let know what happens..

Thanks and regards,

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sudhakar

I'm looking into the authorisation process as many of you guys have mentioned here. i will let you guys know how i get on. it may be a few days before i get to test this correctly.

You mentioned in your post above that you have found that ECM cannot be activated for specific BOM usage purpose. Do you have a direct link to this information. Is this something you have read through SAP Help. please\ let me have the link or any relevant information.

I will award points when I have tried and tested the approach suggested

Many thanks for all your help.

cheers,

Orange

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Orange,

This is not stated directly by SAP.

This i have found through Trail and error methods only.

Keep posting updates,

Thanks and regards,

Sudhakar

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Orange,

Check this link to understand more about making change number as mandatory for CS01 and CS02.

Regards

Mangalraj.S

former_member188931
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

OS27 is setting for ECM activation. to set change number as mandatory go to transaction os68,select BOM category and Usage and set the history rqmt active for specific usage you want.

Please check and revert.

Thanks

Hrishi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, all for getting back to me on this.

I am keen to explore the solution proposed by Hrishi as it doesn't entail Basis team for assigning the Authorisation Object to users.

I have checked OS68, I see no entries under the BOM category. I have checked this TCode but cannot find a way of adding the BOM Usage type, etc. in this screen.

Any idea how I get data in this screen. At the moment it is just blank under both the BOM Category and BOM Status. Is there another node that drives the data in this screen.

cheers,

Orange

former_member196530
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

Please follow the belwo steps :

. 1.Goto SAP T-code OS27 ---Mark the check boxes BOM Validity maint. , EC management active & History reqmt.

2.Goto SAP T-code OS25 -- Mark History Reqquirement for the BOM usage - BOM status combination

3.Goto PFCG with your Basis -Enter the Role for BOM- Mark create , modify BOM's to have the authorization object C_STUE_NOH with the value NO

Refer :

Regards

JH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Orange,

In the customizing setting, you can see 'Configure history requirement for BOMs' (T-code-OS25)

(Route->SPRO-Basic data-BOM- General data).

here you can define the history requirements according to BOM usage.

In this step, you define whether bills of material with a certain BOM usage and BOM status must be changed with history, that is to say, using engineering change management.

If you do not make any settings here, you can maintain bills of material either with or without history. However once you have maintained a bill of material with history, you can only change it with history after that. If you have changed a bill of material with history and want to change it without history, you need a special authorization.

with regards,

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Sudhakar23.

I tried what you suggested but it did not work. In OS27 / OICB - I unchecked the Hitory Reqmnt field, I did leave the ECM field Checked. I then created a new entry for BOM usage 1 and had the HistReq field unchecked but it allowed me to create a BOM without the Change Number request as Mandatory.

I also tried it on BOM Usage 4 where I checked the HistReq field and again it let me create a Functional Location BOM without a Change Number u2013 I was just testing it for FL BOM.

Thanks anyway.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you want to make any field Mandatory, then use the Tcode SHD0...

This is Screen variant and create and activate, in with processing you can assign the required field with a mark in the check box...

If u got queries, the pls revert back

regards

Chakram