Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport Request Ended with Error Code 8.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I have created the transport request in development server. But when I try to transport the request from R5D to R5S, the Transport Request Ended with Error code 8.

Please let me know the root cause of this error code 8.

Please help ASAP, as this is a business critical issue.

Regards,

Shankar

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

what error saying ? what are the Objects of the TP request ? have to Transported all pre-TP requests ?

Regards

Prabhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

check the error log.

there is might be some sytactical issues with your objects.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the following, this might help to analyse the issue,

1. Are there any objects that are missing in the transport request, for ex, there is a table with the new dataelements & domains, if the domain & dataelement is not part of the request, then you get this error,

2. Any repair to be done, if you have done any modification to standard program and when importing it if you have not chosen the repair flag this will result in rc = 8,

Post the error log that you you got,

Rgds,

0 Kudos

Even i have got the same problem. My Error log states the following:

Generation of programs and screens

Transport request___: DEVK904711

System______________: QAS

tp path : tp

Version and Release: 340.16.12 640

Generation of programs and screens for transport request DEVK904711

Only generates programs with LOAD versions

Please suggest what can be done????

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Check the Log of the transport . Expand all the nodes of the Log and try to find out the exact reason for the error. You will also have long texts for the error which would explain the reason for the error clearly.

Else paste the long texts in the thread so that the exact problem can be identified.

Regards,

Sowmya.

0 Kudos

Thanks for you help. I have come to know the error.

I checked the Log. Actually one of my Program LZSD5U06 is not getting transported. In this program when i got to Display directly goes to a function module Z_ADDITEM_TO_PO_1602. This function module has got transported but i am unable to send the program or attach the request.