cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process Chains Transport

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

we have transported our Process Chains from Dev to Test system.

We were getting a warning (destination not maintained). For which we maintained a destination as per note 659160 where in transaction RSTPRFC (in the target system), we maintained the destination and background id.

Now the warnings are gone, but our transports have failed (return code 8). We still get the message "Error during remote call of destination ".

Any pointers on this? Thanks a ton

Anuj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The destination is correct (with logon/pwd correct for the system/client)?

Destination is case-sensitive, verify whether a case mismatch is causing it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, destination is correct

and the case is handled too!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check if there is any additional info in system log (SM21) or dump (ST22) on the target system.

The destination is defined on target system, for the target client, and the same is specified in RSTPRFC; that is all that should be needed.

It could probably be due to insufficient authorization for the background user.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check this Note 659160. as ajay said some customizing may be missed.

Symptom

The following error occurs during the import postprocessing of a process chain transport:

"Error during remote call of destination ' ... ' - RSPC051"

Other terms

RSPC051, RSPC 051, transport, process chain, import postprocessing

Reason and Prerequisites

This problem is due to missing/incorrect Customizing settings in transaction RSTPRFC:

There are objects that require client-specific processing as part of import postprocessing. However, transports are usually performed in client 000. This processing is enabled by an RFC logon with a user change of client 000 in the BW standard clients.

Solution

Check or maintain the destination in the BW standard clients in transaction RSTPRFC (in the target system of the transport):

The destination defined in transaction RSTPRFC must be created in transaction SM59 and all information concerning the user ID, the client, and so on, must be maintained, and must be correct. Therefore, you should not use the normal Myself connection because this often did not maintain a user or client (since this is not required for the Myself connection). Therefore, the normal Myself connection should not be used here because this frequently has no maintained users or clients (since this is not required for the myself connection).

Example:

Create destination "xyz" in transaction SM59 in BW. Select the target host of the BW system, and enter the cleint of the BW production system and a background user and password as the logon data. In transaction RSTPRFC, enter this "xyz" destination as well as the client and logon data as defined in the "xyz" destination.

check this confirm us the same.

all the best.

Regards,

Nagesh ganisetti.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nagesh.

Problem solved with your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nagesh. It worked for us too.

But I am getting a warning saying :

"

Start of the after-import method RS_RSPC_AFTER_IMPORT for object type(s) RSPC (Activation Mode)

Version 'M' of chain ZXXX_MAIN_CHAIN was saved without checking

Results of check for process     in chain  :

Results of check for process CHAIN ZTD_XXX_DAILY in chain ZXXX_MAIN_CHAIN:

Version 'M' of chain ZMD_MASTER_PC was saved without checking

Results of check for process     in chain  :

Results of check for process CHAIN ZMD_0XXX in chain ZMD_MASTER_PC:

Results of check for process CHAIN ZMD_BRNDNM in chain ZMD_MASTER_PC:

"

This is just a part of log from se09.

Please let me know what has to be done.

Regards,

Nikhil