cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Format name in IT0002

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I would like to format the name and the first name in the infotype 0002.

For example : Someone encodes FRENAY or frenay and it becomes Frenay.

Moreover, I would like to transform, as well, old names already in the system...

Anyone can helps me?

Thanks you

Kr,

Marc Frenay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sarah_debza
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

The formatted version of the employee's name from infotype 0002, Personal Data is stored in infotype 0001 Org.Assignment. The name format corresponds to the entries in table T522N, format 00 for SNAME and 01 for ENAME. When you change table T522N, you must update the records in infotype 0001 Org. Assignment.

If you change the format in this table you can use report RPUP0001 to update existing personnel numbers

Please see the documentation to find out more about the parameters of the program.

Hope this help

Best regards

Sarah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your answer, but I have tried so many thing and nothing works.

Do you have a tutorial or can you explain to me step by step?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

Sarah gave you the correct table for formatting, unfortunately, not for the formatting that you need. With the table given by her you can modify how the name of the employee appears on the first screen of PA30, how it appears when accessing IT 0002 etc : ex: Adriana Petrescu or Petrescu Adriana, or Petrescu V Adriana, or Miss Adriana Petrescu . In that table you can select different fields of the infotypes (VORNA, NACHN, ANRED) etc.

Unfortunately it is not formatting the spelling, this means it will not transform PETRESCU into Petrescu.

I heard that there are some function modules that could do this but I never searched for them.

Regards,

Adriana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer. I will try to developp something in a user exit.

Edited by: Marc Frenay on Mar 9, 2011 11:59 AM