Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dp90 copy control issue

measum_kumail2
Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

against a sales order, dmr (having dynamic items) is created from dp90. my issue is that if the sales order value if 100$, then via dp90 i can create a dmr having value more than 100$. though the dmr is created w.r.t. to that sales order, even then its not consuming the value of that sales order. ideally all the DMRs created w.r.t. to a specific sales order should never exceed the value of that sales order. any idea how to resolve it?

any one who have worked with dp90?

Thanks.

Edited by: Robert on Mar 4, 2011 6:02 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The scenario u r talking abt can be taken care by creating Contracts and creating the dmr from them. And finally creating a debit memo from the dmr. Here also we have a scenario like this and we are doing it like this only.

Reagrds,

Deepak

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Standard system will give u only warning message, but it will never stop user to creating a DMR.

Please take help from ur ABAPer to change the message from warning to error.

measum_kumail2
Participant
0 Kudos

Dheeraj, Its not even giving any warning becasue the line item in sales order is a service material and line item in dmr is a dynamic service material determined from my dip profile.

@Deepak: I even tried this scenario to cover from contracts, but i think due to difference in material number in both documents (i.e. in contract and a debit memo request, no value are updated in contract like value release. how have you maintained the material determination in Debit memo request in dip profile and in contract. I mean have you configured mateiral in contract and in Debit memo request (dip profile) same or they are different? any specific setting in copy control. will appreciate you guidance.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

The MATNR in Sales order or Contract will usually be diferent from what you have in DMR created via DP90.

Coming to your problem:

Lets say you create a contract of USD 100,000

Now you create subsequent DMRs of say value USD 10,000, 25,000 & so on.

There is no standard mechanism to stop DMR creation if the summation of DMRs goes over USD 100,000.

In one scenario like this we had to do ABAP development where whenver the DMR went over the value of the contract the code rejected the DMR line items with a reason of rejection.

regards

measum_kumail2
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks IIK,

first you have clarfied my confusion about matnr thing.

2nd, my query is about the original Sales order or contract status. I mean, when all the DMRs have been invoiced, even then the status of Sales Order or contract will be open, as no material in SO or Contract have been billed or delivered directly. so, what should i do in order to close the status of the Sales order when the project is completed? should i carry out pgi for the services entered in SO to set the status of SO as completed?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

It does not makes sense to do PGI for Service materials.

If you want stop creation of DMRs then better way would be to reject the service item in the sales order itself with a reason of rejection say "Item complete".

Then you will not be able to create DMRs for that Sales order item.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

The contract will have a dummy material with condition type EK02 in the pricing. And we also need to do the material determination through ODP1. By a DIP profile, this DIP profile will be attached in the Contract. When we run the DP90 with the contract number the system will create the DMR with respect to the contract with the actual material. The settings for the material will be done by the CO consultant.

Hope this helps..

Regards,

Deepak