cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset PR release strategy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

Currently I notice in our system, the release strategy in PR only resetted if amount change to bigger so several times when user need to change something in the PR and expecting it to be reapproved (i.e. change of purch group, change of mat group), user will need to delete the pr item and undelete it again to retrigger reset.

Is there a way to control it either by user exit or configuration so based on customized logic, we can reset the release strategy?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You will have to include purchase group / material group as a characterstic in the release strategy and create different release strategies for different purchase group / material group .

Regards,

Pratap

Former Member
0 Kudos

Having item level fields in the release strategy will lead to issues if different values are there in different items. Then the system will use blank as the value to determine release strategy.

You have to do the following:

1) Activate the user exit for PR Release strategy.

2) In case of item level fields, ensure that you pass the value of the first line item (or something like that) if the values are different in different line items.

3) In case of change, compare the value in the communication structure with the values in the table. If the user has changed the values, this will be different. In such a case, increase the PR value in the communication structure. This will reset the release strategy. However, the actual value will not be increased since the values in the communication structure are reset once the release strategy is determined.

Hope this helps,

Lakshman

ajitkumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

system will use blank if a strategy is defined with that char value blank. otherwise it may not trigger a release strategy

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Having item level fields in the release strategy will lead to issues if different values are there in different items. Then the system will use blank as the value to determine release strategy.

>

> You have to do the following:

> 1) Activate the user exit for PR Release strategy.

> 2) In case of item level fields, ensure that you pass the value of the first line item (or something like that) if the values are different in different line items.

> 3) In case of change, compare the value in the communication structure with the values in the table. If the user has changed the values, this will be different. In such a case, increase the PR value in the communication structure. This will reset the release strategy. However, the actual value will not be increased since the values in the communication structure are reset once the release strategy is determined.

>

> Hope this helps,

> Lakshman

Your point #3 seems feasible.

I notice after I debug PR upon saving, there is logic to check amount change based on PR amount passed in communication structure that will determine whether there is a need to reset release strategy or not.

Initially I'm afraid if changing the amount will impact the PR as a whole but it seems like your clarification that it will reset the communication structure once release strategy is determined is making sense.

I will give it a try and update this once I have the result.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lakshman suggestion solve my requirement.

I did exactly as he proposed and now the enhancement already passed UAT and waiting for production transport.

Thank you.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there

SPRO-Materials Management-Purchasing-Purchase Requisition-Release Procedure- (based on yours) Procedure with Classification or Set Up Procedure Without Classification- release indicator-

Changeabil. "4"

Value Change- 0.1 or AS per your Business required

Since the tolerance set here may be a MAX , system is not triggering the new release,, after this change here if the user change the value in the PR- system will trigger the new strategy,,

Thanks

Senthil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for the response.

In my case, when user change the amount or quantity, the reset will happen.

However, what we want is if user change material group for example or purchasing group, reset should also happen because we have customized logic that will generate different approver for different value of material group or purchasing group.

Currently, it is not resetted. Thank you.