cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Adapter -- Need to limit the number of files picked up

Former Member
0 Kudos

One of my trading partners sends a .zip file. The zip file contains check images and an index file. The Index File is the same name every time.

So, if the trading partner sends two zip files, we will lose the index file. We need to limit the contents to a single file at a time.

Secondarily, the file adapter also runs at a specific interval...evey X seconds. Is there a method to "fire" the FTP channel at a specific time? Say for example at 6:30am every day?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To handle ur first requirement, you can use the OS Commands option in the file adapter. (you have to play around with the options like archiving etc )

For scheduling the sender File CC:

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/11/26/adapter-scheduling--hail-sp-19-

/people/deepak.shah/blog/2010/03/29/polling-vs-atp-in-sap-pi

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I see how to schedule the channel to run at specific times, but I still do not see how to pick up online 1 file per polling cycle....

The trading partner may have 2 files in a directory that meets the filemask/pattern...but I only want to pick up 1 of them.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Availability time planning help you to run communication channel at specific time, but it will no gaurentee to pick one file at a time.

Better to add Time stap for your file name to avoid loss of data if availabilty time planning not solving your problem.

Regards,

Raj

deepak_shah
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gerry,

Please refer following blog link for configuring ATP.

/people/deepak.shah/blog/2010/03/29/polling-vs-atp-in-sap-pi

Regards,

Deepak

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>Secondarily, the file adapter also runs at a specific interval...evey X seconds. Is there a method to "fire" the FTP channel at a specific time? Say for example at 6:30am every day?

Yes, it is possible. Go to communication channel and do Availability Time planning. You can schedule for a specified starting time for a day or week or whatever duration you want.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Check note #821267 - FAQ: XI 3.0 / PI 7.0/ PI 7.1 File Adapter.

Also, for the time you want to run that, you may try the Availability or Scheduling for the Channel.

Regards,

Caio Cagnani