cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Automatic Clearing during cancel billing-VF11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I reverse a bill through VF11, the accounting document which gets generated is not getting cleared with the previous accounting document., the document type is showing RV instead of AB(Bill Reversal) and posting key 11 instead of 12.

Kindly provide inputs in which situations system picks up wrong document type and posting key.

Regards,

LAND LORD

(Quote Amanullah)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

atif_farooq
Active Contributor

Dear:

This happens because of difference in posting period of invoices. If an RV belongs to previous month and you try to cancel it in this month then a/c document will be generated but will not be cleared. We clear it manually through F-32. However you can avoid this from happening. You simply have to change the date in VF11 given in header level in VF11 when you are canceling a particular invoice. I hope this will resolve the issue.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your Answer Atif. But my billing has the same date/period with the cancellation period. Do i miss any configuration in this?

need your help.thanks.

land lord

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear:

OK if that's not the reason then please check the OSS note 1259505.

It explains the two ways the SAP releases cancellation billing documents to accounting.

The accounting documents are automatically cleared when new cancellation is performed.There are various reasons the system didn't perform the new cancellation, but the old one (where accounting documents are not cleared).

OSS note 1299505 lists the possible causes from SD side.

OSS note 309208 lists the possible causes in FI

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

thx atif.

but i still not solve my issue.

i think the sap note not work for this condition. this happen in Client 310(development client), but not in client 320(dev. client too). both of those clients are in the same landscape. so i think may be there is something missing in the confifuration.

best regards,

land lord

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear:

Over here we have assigned posting key 12 for invoice reversal and the reversal posting key is 01. This has been assigned and done as per SAP configuration done at the time of implementation. Please check them.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

the posting key 12 and 01 are assigned correctly each other. but when doing VF11, i do not know why the system uses posting key 11. it should be 12, isn't it?.

can you help me further to solve this problem?

thanks

land lord

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear:

Check out your configuration on OBA7 for reversal document type and OB41 for assignment of posting key.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

we have 2 client in one instance, one automatically post clearing document the other cannot, so this eliminate problem caused by program error or cross client customizing. so, we focused our investigation on customizing(client dependent).

following transaction have been checked:

1. obxh

2. ob41

3. fbkp

4 vofa

5. oba7

which resulted in same value in both client.

are we missing other check? please kindly provide some assistance.

thanks in advance.

land lord

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Landlord,

Please check your FI document - that might have cleared partially, check my earlier thread;

Also, check the OSS notes provided by Atif.

Do revert if you still could not solve.

Regards,

Amanullah

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all your response.

i have found the answer. it caused by ledger for consolidation customizing, something missing there. currently in standard SAP package EHP4 you can do automatic clearing line item in accounting when cancel billing through VF11.

thanks,

land lord

former_member658720
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Dear land lord.

I am searching solution cause the same symptom.

I know that It was very long time ago.

But could you share that more detail about cause by ledger for consolidation customizing?

I am looking for your answer.

Thanks.

EJ