Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen lock while populating error message

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I have put a validation in trip transaction in destination field to check the entered value from table and if that value is not found show error message .itis working fine but it locks the screen and user have to go back and start again and if i put warning msg it allow user to save the data.IS there anything which shows error msg aswell as dont lock the screen.

Rgds,

Ankur

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

You must chain the module generating the error message with the on screen field.

Syntax in screen PAI:

FIELD <dialog_field_name> MODULE <module_name>.

Note: <module_name> should be the name of the module generating the error message.

If you need to keep multiple fields "open" then you raise the error message then use CHAIN ... ENCHAIN as follows:

CHAIN.

FIELDS: <dialog_field_name1>, <dialog_field_name2>.

MODULE <module_name>.

ENDCHAIN.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Aditya

0 Kudos

thanks Aditya for replying but this problem is in standard transaction . i put enhancement in it to check the destination field and if the user enter something it should throw an error message .this is working fine but as error message comes it lock the screen which i dont want.

Rgds,

Ankur

0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

You can give a message of type 'I' and after the message exit from the code so that the next steps are not performed.

code:

If Field1 is initial.

message 'Please enter a valid value for Field1' type 'I'.

EXIT.

endif.

Hope it helps.

Anju

0 Kudos

Thanks Anju but this is not solving the purpose as it is showing information popup but still if user clicks on save button it is allowing him to save the data though the destination field is wrong.Requirement is not to allow user to save the data until the destination is correct and the same time it should not lock the screen so that he can change is destination field without starting from initial

Rgds,

Ankur

0 Kudos

Is your enhancement called at save also... If yes then check if you have written EXIT after the message.. If the enhancement is not called at save you need to find another exit that is called at save and write your code there as well

Hope this helps...

Anju

0 Kudos

Hello,

Try message 'xxxxx' type 'E' display like 'S'.

Regards,

Kumar.

0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Nothing happened.I suppose this will only change the look n feel of message but the functionality remains same as of error.Still locking the screen.

Rgds,

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

Try

Message 'XXXXX' type 'E'.

Leave to Screen <screen number >

for your help

Regards

Rajashiva.R

0 Kudos