cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to find in which Queries an infoobject is used

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a table which I can use to find in which queries a particular info-object is used ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

you can use following table for all details.This will give you information about key figure ,characteristic formula etc that we use in a query and other details like last changed by info ,last changed date and query for which key figure exist :

RSZCOMPDIR

Other useful table will be :

RSZGLOBV

RSZELTXREF

RSZELTDIR

RSZRANGE

Regards,

Jaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi u can find in two ways

1.metadata repository

2.where-usedlist

hope it helps.

regards,

naidu123.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

RSA1 -> Metadata Repository -> InfoObject. Search for your InfoObjects. It will give complete details about it.

OR

U can use two function modules

RSZ_I_BASIC_CHA_WHERE_USED

RSZ_I_BASIC_KEYFIG_WHERE_USED

First one for characteristics, second one for keyfigures.

For ur case (navigational attribute) use the first function module.

Goto se37, give the function module name, press F8,

In I_IOBJNM, give ur infoobject name,

In I_OBJVERS, give A (for Active version)

In I_QUERIES_ONLY put X

Press F8 (will take some time if ur infoobject has been used in more queries)

Now E_T_COMPLIST shows the number of queries ur infoobject has been used. Click on contents box next to it.

You ll find the queries in the COMPID field.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sometimes, the Metadata Repository only lists back-end objects/structures where the infoobject is used and queries/workbooks are not listed.  If this is the case, then displaying the infoobject and using the "Where-Used" functionality won't answer the question about in which queries is/are the infoobject used.

I found Bhanu Prasad Mudhelli's posting to be very helpful and exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As a first approach you may want to query over the table RSRREPDIR, filtering by the field INFOCUBE for the source of the data, if you know where is the InfoObject included you should find easily the reports associated. I hope this info is useful.

Regards,

Bernardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Apart of the table RSZCOMPDIR you can dig into RSDCUBEIOBJ and use joins to get what you need.

Additionally, you can try by looking into the tables enlisted [http://sapbikk.blogspot.com/2008/05/sap-bi-meta-data-tables.html]...

RSRREPDIR Number of queries available in BW system

RSZELTDIR Directory of the reporting component elements

RSZELTTXT Texts of reporting component elements

RSZELTXREF Directory of query element references

RSRREPDIR Directory of all reports (Query GENUNIID)

RSZCOMPDIR Directory of reporting components

Regards,

Bernardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Do you realy need the tables?

Because if it is for information only, you can use the MetaData Repository on transaction RSA1 to do just that.

It's more easy and more user friendly.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Diogo.

MartinMaruskin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I was thinking how about Where-used functionality in IO. But this gets no frontend objects (reports, variable) only backend objects (infoprov). Therefore I think only possibility how to get this is via Metadata Repository as Diogo already suggested.