cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WIS: 10901 Data source name not found and no default driver specified(ODBC)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, gurus.

We've created a universe based on Excel spredsheet or MS Access which is using ODBC connection. Then, I try to create query (which is using these universe) in QAAWS or in InfoView, and when I add a filter object to the query, the error occurs:

"GetDatasourceObject LOV exception (error WIS: 10901)".

If I don't choose any filter options and want to create query, I'm getting the error: ' [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified (error WIS: 10901)'.

We tried to do this in different operations systems - Windows 7 (32 bit) and XP (32 bit).

Anymore, we can use this universes at web intelligence rich client with or without filters.

Need to solve this problem. Please help us.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

In order to use this in the InfoView you have to define the ODBC DSN also on the machine where your BO Server is installed on. Use the same name for the DSN as the one on your local machine. Make sure to use the 32bit ODBC administrator utility (odbcad32.exe) if your BO server runs on 64bit WIndows

Regards,

Stratos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I got the same problem, I have installed BOE 4.0 at Win XP 64 bits, and also installed Sybase IQ 15.2 (32bit) ODBC, and has create the odbc entry "shkdemo" at the System Tab. However, I still got the same error when using the the "Interactive Analysis" thru "BI Launch pad".

For BOE 4.0, I found that I could only use the BOE Client tools (Universal Design Tool) to create the connection, this client tool I installed it at another 32 bit XP laptop, and I also installed the Sybase IQ 15.2 (32bit) ODBC with the same odbc entry "shkdemo", and using the "Interactive Analysis Desktop, I could be able to create report with data from IQ 15.2.

Kindly advise, why I still got the error of "10901 Data source name not found and no default driver specified(ODBC)" when I use the "Interactive Analysis" thru "BI Launch pad".

Cheers,

Hilda

Former Member
0 Kudos

same problem...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Client Tools uses 32 bit driver but server uses 64 bit driver.

I am trying to solve this issue too.

I am using Bo 4.0 Sp2 Patch8 on Windows Server 2008 Enterprise R2 64bit

Database Sybase ASE 15.

I installed both 32 bit and 64 bit OLEDB drivers to server.

Added server name etc by "dsedit".

Client tools works but Web Intelligence Application and Explorer gives the error IES 10901 WIS 10901

Some help will be great!

Thanks.

Answers (0)