cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export to MS Excel 2000 not working in RSRT (HTML report display)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

When executing a query in RSRT with Display as HTML I am able to see the correct records . After that when I click over "Export to MS Excel 2000" button I am not able to see any data while on clicking over "Export to CSV" I can see the data. Can somebody please let me know how this can be rectified?

Thanks

Navesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sven_mader2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I see data. I have installed Office 2003.

I think, Excel 2000 is not supported currently.

What you want to do with this function? I would expect a file, but there is only an output.

Or you mean the context menu "Export to Excel"? Right, I get a message " unexpected error".

RSRT is only for testing.

=> use BexWeb for the Excelexport. Or execute the query direcly in Excel.

Sven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sven,

I want to see the data on Excel format thats why I am using this option. I have Office 2003 installed on my system yet its giving the option of Export to MS Excel 2000. Also I am using BW3.5 (SP 15)version which is not the latest one.

Thanks

Navesh

sven_mader2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

use the BEx Analyser. You find it in your Windows start menu under "Business Explorer".

Sven

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Navesh,

Are you exporting large data content , this might be the cause of this issue.

1.Try executing the query with the option "BEx Analyzer" in place of 'HTML ', check whether you are getting the

output or not .

2.Ttry to execute a query having a smaller output and try to export it to MS SQL and check whether this happens or not.

In BW system, when large results sets of BW query is exported to Excel, export fails.Instead, It hangs for a long time or "Page can not be displayed" error message is displayed from the Internet Explorer. When the result set of the query is small this error does not happen, and export to Excel completes successfully.

The reason for this failure is the limitation imposed by Excel 2003. Excel 2003 allows 65,536 rows and 256 columns.

Are you exporting greater than 65K rows and this is the reason why it never works.

Regards,

Lokesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lokesh,

Using the option "BEx Analyzer" its working fine and the report is also not large enough.In normal circumstances it should be running fine. Few days back it was working fine but now its not showing any data. There has not been any changes in the BASIS or BI parameters.

Please suggest me if there may be any other reasons for that. We can always use BEx analyzer for executing the query but I am curious to know why this option is not working now.

Thanks

Navesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Navesh ,

For more information on Export to Excel functions , check these OSS notes :

1. 1178857 - Additional information: Export to Excel functions

2. 811890 - Function usage: Export as MS Excel 2000 file

Regards,

Lokesh