cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0]Invalid cursor state

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am executing the a SQL Query in a SAP DB which is running on SQL 2008, But when its deployed on a SQL 2008 R2 Server, I get the following Error: [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0]Invalid cursor state

Any inputs on the above would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,

Vasu Natari.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Definitely an SQL server error, had a look on google - there are alot of results:

e.g.

• In SQL Server Enterprise Manager, you may receive the "Invalid cursor state" error message when Microsoft® SQL Serveru2122 runs out of resources while attempting to save selected tables or a database diagram. This error is returned because of insufficient space in your database or transaction log to complete the save process. To correct this problem, check to see if whether the database or the transaction log is full. If so, increase the size of the database to accommodate the change. Check other system resources or contact your system administrator.

There are lots of other suggestion but unfortunately couldn't find too many things related to 2008 R2...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually the problem is only for a single Field... if the same query is executed with another Field from the same table its fine.

Thanks for your reply.

Vasu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vasu,

I think this is a bug in SQL, you may apply the latest service pack.

What the result of

Select @@version

You may apply hotfix 3 to solve this problem.

Which version of R2 you running?

J.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved.

The error was coming because of a Null value in the field.

Thanks everyone.

Vasu.