cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Completed tasks in UWL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can anybody please let me know to show the completed tasks in approver list of UWL how to configure,

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member201257
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This comes standard with the default configuration and the default UWL iview.

pcd:portal_content/com.sap.pct/every_user/general/iViews/com.sap.netweaver.bc.uwl.iviews/com.sap.netweaver.bc.uwl.uwl_iview

When you are in the Tasks tab, you will have a drop down to select the "Completed Tasks".

Is there some thing besides this you would like to configure ?

- Shanti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shanthi,

Thank you for the response .

I am able to see the completed tasks in the drop down but when i selected completed tasks it is not showing the completed work items list instead it is throwing error "Unable to perform the request try again if problem persists please contact your system administrator" then i checked the uwl config file where i did not find any item type with

<item type = "uwl.completedtask "etc

so i guess since there is no completed task it is not able to fetch the comlpleted task

so please let me know how to add this completed tasks item type in the uwl config file....

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi krishna,

to view the completed tasks for a workflow, follow the below steps:

1. Embed the below config in your UWL config file for completed tasks

<ItemType name="uwl.completedtask.webflow.<enter your TS ID here>" connector="WebFlowConnector" defaultView="WorkItemsCompletedView" defaultAction="viewDetail" executionMode="pessimistic">

<CustomAttributes>

<CustomAttributeSource id="WEBFLOW_CONTAINER" objectIdHolder="externalId" objectType="WEBFLOW_CONTAINER" cacheValidity="final">

<Attribute name="ZAMOUNT" type="string" displayName="Amount"/>

<Attribute name="ZFROM" type="string" displayName="From"/>

<Attribute name="ZREFERENCE" type="string" displayName="Reference"/>

</CustomAttributeSource>

</CustomAttributes>

</ItemType>

2. Include the uwl.completedtask.webflow.<enter your TS ID here> in the corresponding view

<View name="WorkItemsCompletedView" selectionMode="SINGLESELECT" width="98%" supportedItemTypes="uwl.completedtask.webflow.<enter your TS ID here>, " columnOrder="isLaunched, subject, createdDate, completedDate" sortby="priority:desc, completedDate:desc, createdDate:desc" tableDesign="STANDARD" visibleRowCount="10" headerVisible="no" queryRange="Last_3_Months" tableNavigationFooterVisible="yes" tableNavigationType="CUSTOMNAV" actionRef="" refresh="300" dueDateSevere="0" dueDateWarning="0" emphasizedItems="none" displayOnlyDefinedAttributes="yes" dynamicCreationAllowed="yes" actionPosition="top" referenceBundle="completed_tasks">

3. Final step, upload this updated config file, delete cache.

Best point of reference would be "uwl.standard xml " file to define any item types, tasks or actions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Amar .

I have a doubt regarding 2nd point you said to add in teh corresponding view can u please let me know what is that view and its path details.

Former Member
0 Kudos

To configure any workflow in the custom uwl config xml file, at a high level it follows the below format, for the step 2 i mentioned, please configure the view accordingly with any actions if needed

<ItemTypes>
		<ItemType>
		</ItemType>
</ItemTypes>
<Views>
		<View>
		</View>
</Views>
<NavigationNode>
	<NavigationNode>
	</NavigationNode>
</NavigationNode>

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Amar

Thank you very much for the response i have some doubts please clarify .I have created custom uwl config file in which i have defined as you told in teh item type for completed tasks but which task id i have to give for the completed tasks .

In my uwl config file for leave requests there is one task id i.e., TS12300097 defined in one uwl say for example 1.uwl.

For travel request there is another TS65500018 and it is defined in 2.uwl config file.

For travel expense there is another TS20000018 and this is defined in 3.uwl .All this i found when i kept support information to true value.

When clicked on Completed tasks it is showing another UWL config file .I am very much confused to which UWL i have to define and which task id i have to give for completed tasks or is there any other task id for which completed tasks can be defined.

i have defeined three times in item type for completed tasks with three task ids .

Still i am facing the error unable to perform the request if problem still exists please contact your system administrator.

Also i observed one thing when i checked for completed tasks at the bottom for current item information details nothing is displayed but for new tasks it is showing the details with the corresponding leave ,travel request and travel expense task id s information .

Can you please help me out in resolving in this issue.

Regards

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Instead of maintaing multiple config files, you can combine them into a one single uwl config file. It is upto your convenience.

For any task, you can configure items in progress and completed tasks. Please follow the same syntax then you can view the completed and pending tasks for that specific task id.

Here is an example for Completed tasks and Pending Tasks for a task id, you can replicate the same as accordingly for other task ids.

//CONFIG FOR COMPLETED TASKS

<ItemType name="uwl.completedtask.webflow.TSXXXXXXX" connector="WebFlowConnector" defaultView="WorkItemsCompletedView" defaultAction="viewDetail" executionMode="pessimistic">
			<CustomAttributes>
				<CustomAttributeSource id="ABAP_BOR" objectIdHolder="externalObjectId" objectType="ZBUSCHREQ" cacheValidity="final">
				</CustomAttributeSource>
			</CustomAttributes>
			<Actions>
				<Action name="CallCheckReqAction" groupAction="no" handler="SAPBSPLauncher" returnToDetailViewAllowed="yes" launchInNewWindow="yes" referenceBundle="com.test.viewdetail">
					<Properties>
						<Property name="DynamicParameter" value="reqnum=${item.externalObjectId}"/>
						<Property name="Application" value="zchk_req"/>
						<Property name="System" value="${item.systemId}"/>
						<Property name="PageId" value="checkrequestform.bsp"/>
					</Properties>
				</Action>
			</Actions>
		</ItemType>

//CONFIG FOR PENDING TASKS

<ItemType name="uwl.task.webflow.decision.TSXXXXXXX.SAP_ECC_HumanResources" connector="WebFlowConnector" defaultView="DefaultView" defaultAction="viewDetail" executionMode="default">
			<ItemTypeCriteria systemId="SAP_ECC_HumanResources" externalType="TS90100013" connector="WebFlowConnector"/>
			<CustomAttributes>
				<CustomAttributeSource id="ABAP_BOR" objectIdHolder="externalObjectId" objectType="ZBUSCHREQ" cacheValidity="final">
				</CustomAttributeSource>
			</CustomAttributes>
			<Actions>
				<Action name="approve" groupAction="yes" handler="UpdatingContainerHandler" returnToDetailViewAllowed="yes" launchInNewWindow="no" referenceBundle="com.demo.test.approve">
					<Properties>
						<Property name="_RESULT" value="0001"/>
						<Property name="UserDecisionTitle" value="Approve Workitem"/>
						<Property name="_WI_RESULT" value="0001"/>
					</Properties>
				</Action>
				<Action name="reject" groupAction="yes" handler="UpdatingContainerHandler" returnToDetailViewAllowed="yes" launchInNewWindow="no" referenceBundle="com.demo.test.reject">
					<Properties>
						<Property name="_RESULT" value="0002"/>
						<Property name="UserDecisionTitle" value="Reject Workitem"/>
						<Property name="_WI_RESULT" value="0002"/>
					</Properties>
				</Action>
					<Properties>
						<Property name="iview" value="portal_content/com.test.demo.fl_SAP_Portal/com.test.demo.fl_Golden_Client_0_0_0/com.test.demo.fl_demo_Roles/com.test.demo.fl_Home/com.test.demo.rl_demo_f_Employees/com.test.demo.ws_Welcome/com.test.demo.ws_Inbox/com.sap.netweaver.bc.uwl.uwl_page"/>
					</Properties>
				</Action>
			</Actions>
			<Menu>
				<MenuItem name="approve" actionRef="approve"/>
				<MenuItem name="reject" actionRef="reject"/>
			</Menu>
		</ItemType

>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much Amar .It is very helpful to me .I will implement this immediately in one config file.

I will close the thread after i make the necessary changes.Thank you for your patience

Best Regards

Answers (0)