Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default G/L Account for account assignment K

juliocesarquion
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

The scenario is that my client wants to assign a different account than the standard account 660000 to the purchases made against cost centers (Acc Assignment K)

May I know the Path for changing the defaulted G/L account so the end user dont have to go and change the account every time?

Also may I know what type of material is best to use in case we want to manage with material all the indirect purchases?

I mean purchase like office supplies, and other thing like that that normaly are procured with account assing K but with a short text, but now we want to start creating materials for this, but we dont want to keep this as inventory, NLAG is the best way to go for?

The idea is also that system pick the right GL account from material, but I found in accounting view that system does not let you to put in a valuation class for material type NLAG, any ideas for this?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

raviraj_sharma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in OBYC, you must assign the GL account for valuation class in GBB-VBR .

Non-stock materials are procured using NLAG, you can select Accounting view for valuation class based on the settings in OMS2, check in OMS2 what material master allowed views have been set for NLAG. You can also create a customized Material type copying from NLAG and select accounting views for that .

Theres also an option to assign valuation Class to material group for Text based purchases , its in SPRO-? Materials mgmt->purchasing-> material master->entry aids for items without a master

juliocesarquion
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thanks for the quick reply, In OMS2 accounting view is selected and I already created the valuation class and assigned GL accounts in relevant keys at OBYC the problem is the system dont let me to assign a valuation class to material type NLAG, That's why as per my previous question I'm asking if this material type is the right one to use for this purpose??

Also any ideas on where to change the defaul Account that prompts when you use account assi K ??

Thanks and regards

raviraj_sharma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

why does system not allow you to asign valuation class? is there an account category reference assigned to the material type in OMS2? (normaly its not for NLAG) . you can copy and create a new material type, provided it has acounting view and an acount category reference assigned.

The default account comes from OBYC -GBB-VBR, do you want to change it at PO level? see if it is editabe in the account asignment tab in PO line item.

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have two questions:

1. Default G/L Account for account assignment K

To set Default G/L Account use t.codes OME9, OMGO,OMQW & OBYC and all assignment

Check link/blog

http://www.bluemarlinsys.com/ns/0603-03.asp

2.As you needed material to be created and at the same time material to be taken as into inventory, then use a separate material type [a copy of material type UNBW and then rename it]

Regards,

Biju K

former_member187989
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

NLAG material type is non stock,non stock value, so there will be no accounting view,

but you can use material created NLAG material type with account assignment 'K' in p.o.

On GR stock is consumed immediately.

Can you tell me what is exact business requirement ?

juliocesarquion
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jeyakanthan

My scenario is to have NLAG materials but to assign a valuation class to each material, lets say I will have 20 NLAG materials and each one will have a different valuation class, this way when I create a PO (Acc Ass K)the correct account will be populated and just the cost center will be needed

I DO NOT want to keep stock of this materials, thats why am using NLAG material type but feel free to suggest any other more suitable material type

Thanks

juliocesarquion
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Bijay

Thank you so much for your detailed response and link, My first question is now answered which is a temporary solution to put to all materials a "generic" account in the mean time I will try to figure out how to get the right account for each material

But the only thing that maybe I didn't explain clearly was the need of keeping this inventory in stock. I DON'T want this materials to be taken as inventory, this would be like expenses consumed right away to a GL account and a cost center, I tried creating material group and assigning a valuation class to it but when creating the PO system is not getting the right account, instead is picking the account mantained at OBYC in the blank entry for VBR.

The valuation classes I created were properly linked to material type in all steps in OMSK but I'm not sure what I am trying to do is possible with this material type.

Please advise

Many Thanks

juliocesarquion
Participant
0 Kudos

Sorry for the inconvenience, I was missing the last part of OMSK

Thanks to all, suitable point were assigned

Answers (0)