cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Giving Error while opening BEx Query Designer.

mohdshadab_shaikh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

A user is trying to open BEx Query Designer 7.0 and she is getting this error

" SAP BEx Query Designer standalone has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

If you were middle of something, the information you are working on might be lost. "

She is not having issues while opening BEx Analyzer. She is having Office 2010. This doesn't seem to be compatibility issue with the Office. This BEx was not installed on her machine 2 weeks back and it was working fine until now.

As a first re-solution i told her to get it re-installed but still she is getting the same issue.

Thanx.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has Query Designer been linked to BI 7.x? Perhaps there is some issue with an upgrade from 3.x?

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member186696
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

There is no relation between Office VS Query Designer. Only with BEx Analyzer and MS Excel.

My suggestion is.

If you don't have version 7.20 of SAPGUI and Business Explorer, please download the installer.

After that, download the latest patch available and install:

http://service.sap.com/swdc

> Support Packages and Patches

> Browse our Download Catalog

> SAP Frontend Components

> SAP GUI FOR WINDOWS

> SAP GUI FOR WINDOWS 7.20 CORE

> Win32

_ > * gui720_5-10007878.exe

| > BI ADDON FOR SAP GUI

| > BI 7.0 ADDON FOR SAP GUI 7.20

|_ > * bi720sp03p_301-20006596.exe

|

| > BI ADDON FOR SAP GUI

| > BW 3.5 ADDON FOR SAP GUI 7.20

| > Win32

|_ > bw350gui720_5-20006857.exe

If persist, let me know.

Cheers

Edward John

mohdshadab_shaikh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Krishna: She got it installed for both 7.0 as well as 3.5. I saw here screen and found version available. She was also getting some issue with 3.5 Query designer also.

mohdshadab_shaikh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

She got it installed right from start. So what's link up are we talking here. Is there something we need to do on her personal machine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

when installing you need to select explorer forv 7.x and 3.5 then you wont have any problem

Thanks

krishna.y