cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI Launch pad - error opening WebI documents

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have newly installed BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0 with Client tools.

When we are trying to open WebI documents from BI Launch Pad we are getting the following error message.

(Error: RWI 00200) (Error: INF)

Does anyone have any idea what does this mean?

Thanks in advance.

former_member903760
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I have fixed this by restarting WebIntelligenceProcessingServer service under the servers tab

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

You need to grant the right to use WebIntelligence in the CMC.

Please refer below link

http://www.forumtopics.com/busobj/viewtopic.php?t=58904

Regards,

Vamsee

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks we checked that. We were using Administrator user.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've got the same problem,

Even if I'm logged as administrator, I get this error !

Did you solved it?

Thanks

Regards

Camillo

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

the error code above is searchable in the knowledge base www.service.sap.com/notes

i did a quick search and can conclude:

1) your license key does not contain a key for Web Intelligence.

or

2) This error occurs because the user or group that the user is a member of does not have proper rights set in the Central Management Console (CMC). Grant the rights for the user or group attempting to open the WebIntelligence Report by performing the following steps:

Logon to the CMC as an Administrator.

For the appropriate user or group, click BusinessObjects Enterprise Applications > Web Intelligence > Advanced > Add/Remove Rights.

On the left panel select Application > Web Intelligence

For the right 'Documents - enable autosave', in the Specific Rigths fro Web Intelligence, select 'Explicitly Granted'.

or 3) The product is not installed properly.

Re-install the product or the Patch installed on the Server machine to resolve the issue.

regards,

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing the same issue on the quality system, but it works for Dev & Prod BO

1. Compared the licence key in all systems (Dev, Quality, Prod.), its same in all three.

2. BO Authorization is same on all the three

3. We latestly installed SP 2 patch 12 on all the three systems, but i wonder if installation went wrong after crosschecking with the Basis.

Still cannot view the Webi report on Launchpad, but can create a new one from Rich client and publish it to the BOE. No idea where is the issue.

Could it be possible that some users are missing the BW roles (e.g Content Publisher, Content User)??

Any help would be gr8!

Thanks & Regards,

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you try to create the WebI on the server machine itself ? Are you getting the same error there or is it possible ?

Which datasource do you use ?

Regards Manfred

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manfred,

We tried creating report on the server itself, but nothin happens and opening the report also leads to this error.

We have UDT(BO 4.0) as datasource on top of BEx Query.

Same scenario is working for Dev. and Prod. BO Machines.

Thanks,

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manfred,

I misunderstood your question, we tried through BI Launchpad (using ADMIN user), but doesnt work.

Logging on to the Server itself not possible because its a AIX Unix System.

Reports based on UDT and IDT both do not work.

Best Regards,

Sunil

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you have 64bit drivers for the DB's this reports are using installed on your AIX ?
can you connect to those reporting db's from AIX using native DB tools and under same user as one running BOE on AIX ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

I have no experience with AIX systems. Therefore i don'T know if there are Client tools available and how to logon for that. But what you can try is this. Logon to the launchpad, go to Preferences, go to Web Intelligence and then switch the setting under "Modify" to

Rich Internet Application  (download required)

Then the drivers from the Server will be used instead of the local ones.

Did you also enable logging on this particular server in the CMC (NAvigate to Servers, pick your Web Intelligence Processing Server and then increase the Tracelog Level to at least Medium. After that restart the service and then try again to launch the report via Launchpad. Logs are located by default in the BOE4 Installdirectory unlike otherwise configured (somewhere under Business Objects Enterprise XI 4.0 and then logging)

I hope you find the difference !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mark,

Did you ever find the solution?  By the way, you should not concern yourself with the AIX system.  You should be able to connect with client tools from your local windows PC usng the corresponding DB 32 bit drivers.

I am having the same problem only with webi.  Crystal reports work.  Issue was not present on BO4-SP2, but getting this issue on BO4-SP4.  BO4-SP4 webi worked with other clients; but not on this particular install.

In the past, the issue was fixed by performing a re-install, since there are so many variables that I have seen on this issue.  In this case, I've ran out of options that I know to fix the issue.  It would be helpful to circumvent a new install.

SAP Notes 1740500

1740500 - Error "Illegal access to the viewer. Please use a valid URL" or "An error occurred while the applet was initializing" when trying to view or edit a Webi Report

SAP Resolution

At this time, the only resolution is to do a complete uninstall of SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence 4.0 and re-install.

SAP Note 1741214 addresses the RWI 00200

A different Java article informs of issues with stack tracing being envoke.

Dennis Soriano

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can not believe, the SAP Note 1740500 still suggests to re-install whole system since 10.07.2012. What is this? I was spending three days by installation of the BO BI 4.0 SP5 Patch 2 and it has to happen again?

Is there another solution?

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is an old thread.

I recommend you open a new one under section "BI Platform", with your detailed information about the problem synopsis.

Regards,

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

This link may be helpful:

http://www.forumtopics.com/busobj/viewtopic.php?t=58904

All the Best,

Madhu...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I couldn't find any solution we reinstalled the server.

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you have Bi4.0 then you're part of ramp up - please open a support Incident so this can be properly investigated.