Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

java.net.unknown host exception for sender SOAP

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I am working on a SOAP to proxy scenario for a client...I have created a WSDL from PI as usual ...

when i try testing that wsdl from soap ui i get a exception "java.net.unknown host exception "

but when i start the clients VPN...i.e i get into the clients network and then test using soap ui it works fine...

Actually the appllication that is going to consume the webservice hosted by PI is outside the clients network. so I think they will get the same exception while consuming this wsdl..

Do i need to open some ports for this..

Also in another scenario when the same application hosts a webservice and i consume it in PI ( proxy to SOAP ) it works fine without any issue

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Tarang,

Check if you can resolve the DNS correctly by doing a reverse ping for the hostname, for example.

Also you may try to test using the IP and Full qualified host name under /etc/hosts file just like:

<IP> <Full name of the host>

Kind regards,

Caio Cagnani

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your PI server is in network. Only if you get into that network via VPN, you will be able to see host. This is pretty common.

>>Do i need to open some ports for this..

Yes, you host webservice. YOu have to tell your unix team or basis team to open port for the communication. Or that client should be authorized to work in your network.

>>Also in another scenario when the same application hosts a webservice and i consume it in PI ( proxy to SOAP ) it works fine without any issue

This is outbound. Your PI server is configured to communicate outside system. So it works. You try to enable port for inbound communication.

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have asked them to open the port...

but now the issue is they are having a DMZ zone with a webdispatcher....

So the Internet world sends the request to the web dispatcher through the firewall and then there is another firewall between the webdispatcher and the AS JAVA server of PI..

They want to know if the messages can be routed to webdispatcher or messages will go directly to the AS JAVA PI

sunilchandra007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi ,

>

> I have asked them to open the port...

>

> but now the issue is they are having a DMZ zone with a webdispatcher....

>

>

> So the Internet world sends the request to the web dispatcher through the firewall and then there is another firewall between the webdispatcher and the AS JAVA server of PI..

>

> They want to know if the messages can be routed to webdispatcher or messages will go directly to the AS JAVA PI

If you have web dispacher in the landscape, it can route the external request to PI server. Please change host/port entry in WSDL to make it point to web dispacher host/port instead of PI server.

Regards,

Sunil Chandra

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Thanks for a quick reply....next question is ...do we have an option of skipping the webdispatcher and directly sending the data to PI.....I want to use the same host and port in the WSDL.....

OR is it compulsory for the calling application to go through the web dispatcher....

I suppose in both the cases the port needs to be opened

sunilchandra007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Sunil,

>

> Thanks for a quick reply....next question is ...do we have an option of skipping the webdispatcher and directly sending the data to PI.....I want to use the same host and port in the WSDL.....

>

> OR is it compulsory for the calling application to go through the web dispatcher....

>

> I suppose in both the cases the port needs to be opened

It depends on the security policy of the organisation. Normally security guys doesn't allow to expose the PI sever directly to the outside world. So it's recommended to receive the request thru web dispacher.

Yes, the port needs to be opened to receive any external request.

Regards,

Sunil Chandra

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Ok but technically speaking is it possible to send the requests directly to PI even though there is a web dispatcher...

Obviously I will get the ports opened

sunilchandra007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Sunil,

>

> Ok but technically speaking is it possible to send the requests directly to PI even though there is a web dispatcher...

>

> Obviously I will get the ports opened

Yes, it's possible. Your basis team would help you doing that.

Regards,

Sunil Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tarang,

I don't think so it is possible to request directly to PI; since the network configuration on your side demands the request to go through web dispatcher only.

-Supriya.

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If not on VPN i am not able to ping the host name / IP address..

will an entry in host file help