cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create/Delete of Index through TREX Administrator not reflecting in Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

When I am creating and deleting index manually through TREX Administrator tool, the same is not reflection in portal through Index Administrator iview. The Index Administrator iview in Portal is still reflecting the old indexes even though I have deleted the indexes though the TREX Administrator tool. The situation is same when I am creating Indexes directly through TREX Administrator its not getting displayed in portal.

I have tried restarting both the TREX and PORTAL but the problem still persists.

Regards

Deb

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

LJB
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Deb,

This is working correctly, if you create an index in KM then you need to delete it from KM, if you delete it directly on TREX there is no event sent from TREX to delete it in KM, the same goes for creating indexes.

In fact this is not recommended, you should really be creating or deleting your portal indexes in the portal only, otherwise this can lead to index or queue inconsistencies. When you do this directly in the portal they will automatically be created/deleted in TREX, so all actions should be performed in the portal.

Regards,

Lorcan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Lorcan,

Thanks for the clarification. Can you please let me know best way to transport index created through portal from DEV to QA.

Regards

Deb

LJB
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Deb,

There is no user interface or supported method to transport indexes from one portal system to another, this feature does not exist. You can export/import indexes directly on TREX using the python scripts however this will not be reflected in the application(portal).

There may however be a workaround you could try, but I wouldn't recommend doing it on a productive system in case of any problems.

In the portal all index configuration is stored in the KM Configuration, it stores all information about existing indexes. So on your QA(destination portal):

1. Navigate to System Administration -> System Configuration -> Knowledge Management -> Content Management.

2. From the Action menu, export the whole KM Configuration using the Export function.

3. Backup this config archive file, in case something goes wrong.

4. Open a copy of this file for editing, and navigate to Install -> data -> cm -> services -> indexes. You can see there the currently existing indexes, configured in KM. You can add a new one here.

5. There are two sub folders there:- "index_folders" - The configuration for the data sources attached to the index is stored here - "taxonomies" - the configuration for the taxonomies attached to the index is stored here. You can add the needed configuration here, according to the newly added index.

6. Save the config archive file, import it in the portal, and restart the portal.

If for any reason this doesn't work then you can restore the config backup you created at the start.

Regards,

Lorcan.

Answers (0)