Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link of material movement with inspection type

former_member263130
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Masters,

I have scenario where component at shop floor will be segregated for inspection. The requirement is to do result/defect recording for those parts and if required then those parts need to be scrapped. So one way of doing that can be to move those parts to either blocked stock or QI stock (ideal option) or to specific storage location so that planning can be taken care of (if material are still in unrestricted then planning will consider those part as OK part and planning may fail). And to record result/defect we require inspection lot, which can be created by using above mentioned material movement.

But problem is how to create inspection lot so that we can do result/defect recording for those materials and scrap those material.

Please note that material master will have QM setup active (inspection type 01 - Goods Receipt Insp. for Purchase Order) and hence we can move material from unrestricted stock to QI stock only through QM.

I am not sure if we should use inspection type 08 - Stock transfer inspection, as there can be many instances of material transfer within plant. And with inspection type 08 active, system will create inspection lot every time there is any material transfer.

One way can be to create new goods movement only for this kind of transfer and new inspection type and link both together. So that when ever material is transferred using that particular goods movement, system creates inspection lot as well as material will be in QI stock. But I am not sure how this is possible or not and if yes then how this can be done.

I know query was too long to read and I think I was clear enough to explain what the requirement is.

It would be great if I can get some guidance from you masters at the earliest convenience as it is bit of importance.

Thanks and regards,

Devang

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are many ways to map the scenario.

one simple process we had used in past was.

1. Create new storage location for material review

2. Perform MB1B / 311 movement for potentially defective parts.

3. Use manual inspection lot (type 89)To record results.

4. if needed use QN to create task/ activities or record defects.

5. Based on inspection lot or QN, scrap the parts or move them back to production storage location.

former_member263130
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

First of all thanks for your prompt reply.

I think one critical point missing with solution you suggested is linkage of inspection lot and material transfer.For material scrapping naturally down the line if someone wants to check what was reason for scrapping then it is not possible to track to inspection lot so easily as there will not be any reference between material document (scrapping) and result/defect recorded.

I am not sure but if we can create new inspection type (similar to standard insepection type 😎 and link it to specific goods movement (new goods movement for transfer) then that can be perfact solution.

Do you have any idea about inspection type 0800 available in standard system?

Once again thanks for your prompt reply.

Please do reply with your views on above mentioned points.

Bye for now,

Devang

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can always assign inspection lot # or QN number in Material document header or item text.

But this manual process and prone to error.

You can automate the process using follow-on function assigned to UD code.

So when Scrap UD code is entered, SAP will trigger scrap movement in background and assign inspection lot # or QN # in material document header / item text

Other possibility is

1. Activate 08 type inspection for all material

2. Create special movement type similar to 311 movement( say Z11)

3. Activate user exit QAAT001and deactivate inspection lot creation (08 type) for all movement except z11.

4. SAP will now create stock relevant inspection lot for Z11 movement

4. Follow Inspection lot process for result recording and UD

0800 type inspection is normally used only to activate QM even when stock exists in Quality status.

This may not be suitable for your scenario.

former_member263130
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Marwadi,

Thanks again for your promot reply.

I will check suitability of both solution suggested by you and get back to you.

Thanks again,

Devang

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Devang,

I guess this is Line rejection scenario. Correct me if understanding goes wrong. You have okayed the material against 01 inspection lot and UD has been given. Now you find this material defective on shop floor.

I think the 2nd option suggested by marwadi sounds better. I suggest one more possibility, just check whether feasible.

1. Create quality notification Q2 type through QM01. While creating you can give references of original PO and material document, which fetch vendor name and material code automatically.

2. Record defects and all other required information in notification.

3. After this, you find an option in action box, transfer post unrestricted - >block . Click there. This will transfer the stock from unrestricted to block.

4. If you want planning persons should not consider this stock as OK, remove block stock from MRP stock availability check. As a result of which stock lying in block will not be considered as available stock.

5. From block stock you can send this material back to vendor through MIGO. Otherwise you can create return delivery from notification through action box also. Check what is feasible in your case.

Here you need not create inspection lot, no need to use any user exit.

Regards,

Anand Rao

former_member263130
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

First of all thanks for your reply.

I tried that action box to move stock from unrestricted to block stock and from block stock to scrap. But I didn't find any referance of notification in any of material document (transfer as well as scrap) and hence in future it will be difficult to find why material was scrapped. Though I found material document in notification flow, I think reference of notification is required in material document.

I hope you got my query, refernece of notification number in material document is missing.

Please do correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks and regards,

Devang

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Devang,

As I understand your requirement, you need a report that contains reason for scrap, notification number and material document together. I try to explain you in detail.

1. Try executing QM11, QM15 reports. Here you get notification number, 101 material document number, vendor name, material code and other details.

2. I agree you will not get the notification number and material document (for 344 u2013 unrestricted to block stock) in single report. You have to develop the logic for this either in SAP query or in ABAP. But this problem remains even if you do all above process through inspection lot.

3. But if your requirement is only to view only the quantity and reason for scrap, QM11 will serve your purpose. Ensure you are typing reasons in description field under subject tab.

Regards

Anand