Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DTW template explanation

gabriel_calderon
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Im new to SAP Business One and we are just implementing this in my company. I have looked all over but I have been unable to find a detailed explanation for column names for the templates to upload all of my current information using DTW.

I have been able to figure out much of the information from the help file included with DTW but I'm stuck with payment terms, codes, etc for business partners.

I'm sure someone has already asked this question before but I was unable to find the answer:

Is there a document that explains in detail what all the columns are for the DTW templates?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

GAC

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

gabriel_calderon
Explorer
0 Kudos

Sorry for my late reply. I have been working very hard in order to get the templates to work. I have the templates that is not the issue, I also have the DBREF.CHM file which has been very helpful but I guess what I would like is something that would explain in detail what each column of each table is, where it is used. For example right now I am having a hell of a time uploading Business Partner Master Data.

Issues I have encountered and solved the hard way are:

- I did not know SAP doesn't take quotes as a field delimeter when comas are used in the field. Hence I had to change to semicolon separated text files. My vendor had no idea of this either.

- I don't know why terrirories takes forever to load. I have left the server running for days at a time in order to get my territories to work. I have terrirories defined as cities, whose parent is the state whose parent is the country. So far I have only been able to upload cities for a few countries. My file consists of over 35,000 cities, over 3700 states and about 275 countries. To upload it I have divided it into files with only 500 records but each file takes over 2 hours to upload. I was told by my vendor that this is normal.

- On Business Partner upload I would like to know if it is necessary to upload Business partner master data along with addresses and contact persons or if I can upload first Business Partner master data, then contact persons and then addresses. I ask this because I had to delete the default contact person from the master data since I got an error in DTW.

I feel my vendor is charging me for consulting on a product they are not very familiar with. Answers to these questions would be very helpful so I can determine if what I have been told by my vendor is true.

gabriel_calderon
Explorer
0 Kudos

All the information is available on the SAP application, I had to play around a whole bunch to find it but I finally did.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Have you solved your issue or still open ?

Thanks

Manvendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have installed DTW on your Server or Work Station go this path

C:\Program Files\SAP\Data Transfer Workbench\Templates\Templates

You can browse the templates by module. Open a excel template and point your mouse on the field heading to see the valid values and descriptions.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Praneeth.

I tried to get the templates but i never found the DATA TRANSFER WORKBENCH folder in SAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank Praneeth.

Can you please explain me which field/column must be filled before uploading. Let me give you some information about our business.  We have over 100 shops and we are using another software called FUTURA. We generate the file from FUTURA and get the information Customer number(shop no), Sales(shopwise in Dollar amount), COS (shopwise in Dollar amount). Not required any invoice number. In this scenerio let me know which fields should i fill to upload.

DocNumDocTypeHandWrittenPrintedDocDateDocDueDateCardCodeCardNameAddressNumAtCardDocCurrencyDocRateDocTotalReference1Reference2CommentsJournalMemoPaymentGroupCodeDocTimeSalesPersonCodeTransportationCodeConfirmedImportFileNumSummeryTypeContactPersonCodeShowSCNSeriesTaxDatePartialSupplyDocObjectCodeShipToCodeIndicatorFederalTaxIDDiscountPercentPaymentReferenceDocTotalFcForm1099Box1099RevisionPoRequriedDateCancelDateBlockDunningPickPaymentMethodPaymentBlockPaymentBlockEntryCentralBankIndicatorMaximumCashDiscountProjectExemptionValidityDateFromExemptionValidityDateToWareHouseUpdateTypeRoundingExternalCorrectedDocNumInternalCorrectedDocNumDeferredTaxTaxExemptionLetterNumAgentCodeNumberOfInstallmentsApplyTaxOnFirstInstallmentVatDateDocumentsOwnerFolioPrefixStringFolioNumberDocumentSubTypeBPChannelCodeBPChannelContactAddress2PayToCodeManualNumberUseShpdGoodsActIsPayToBankPayToBankCountryPayToBankCodePayToBankAccountNoPayToBankBranchBPL_IDAssignedToInvoiceDownPaymentReserveInvoiceLanguageCodeTrackingNumberPickRemarkClosingDateSequenceCodeSequenceSerialSeriesStringSubSeriesStringSequenceModelUseCorrectionVATGroupDownPaymentAmountDownPaymentPercentageDownPaymentTypeDownPaymentAmountSCDownPaymentAmountFCVatPercentServiceGrossProfitPercentOpeningRemarksClosingRemarksRoundingDiffAmountControlAccountInsuranceOperation347ArchiveNonremovableSalesQuotation
DocNumDocTypeHandwrttenPrintedDocDateDocDueDateCardCodeCardNameAddressNumAtCardDocCurDocRateDocTotalRef1Ref2CommentsJrnlMemoGroupNumDocTimeSlpCodeTrnspCodeConfirmedImportEntSummryTypeCntctCodeShowSCNSeriesTaxDatePartSupplyObjTypeShipToCodeIndicatorLicTradNumDiscPrcntPaymentRefDocTotalFCForm1099Box1099RevisionPoReqDateCancelDateBlockDunnPickPeyMethodPayBlockPayBlckRefCntrlBnkMaxDscnProjectFromDateToDateUpdInvntRoundingCorrExtCorrInvDeferrTaxLetterNumAgentCodeInstallmntVATFirstVatDateOwnerCodeFolioPrefFolioNumDocSubTypeBPChCodeBPChCntcAddress2PayToCodeManualNumUseShpdGdIsPaytoBnkBnkCntryBankCodeBnkAccountBnkBranchBPLIdDpmPrcntisInsLangCodeTrackNoPickRmrkClsDateSeqCodeSerialSeriesStrSubStrModelUseCorrVatDpmAmntDpmPrcntPostedDpmAmntSCDpmAmntFCVatPercentSrvGpPrcntHeaderFooterRoundDifCtlAccountInsurOp347IgnRelDoc

Hope will get the reply from you.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should have some sample templates that comes with SAP B1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gabriel.....

Welcome to SAP Business One Forum.....

You can get the description of Template field in SAP itself.

Go to Tools> Query> Query Generator--> Press Tab on the where where cursor is initially lies and select the table name of which you want Fields Descirption.

This will give you the Field Code and name which is same in DTW Template with its function......

Regards,

Rahul