cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setup BO XI 4.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried to setup BO XI 4.0 by using MySQL for the CMS database. I have to paste a file named libmysql.dll into C:WindowsSystem32.

After enter informations for the CMS, i got this error:

Erreur d'accès à la base de données. Cause No data supplied for parameters in prepared statement.

Config:

Windows Server 2008 64bits

BusinessObjects XI 4.0

Mysql Server 5.5

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

alexander_stettler
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi coulio,

I want to upgrade our BOE xi3.5 SP2 to BI4.0 and have an similar issue. I 'd like to use the old mysql installation (5.0.34) of BOE xi3.5. Unfortunately I get an error message at the installation step "configure the CMS system database": Loading shard object failed. First tried to load library libmysql and failed because of error : [Te specified module could not be found.]

If Iu2019ll copy the file libmysql.dll (from the installation of mysql-connector-c-6.0.2-win32) to the system32 folder, I would got the following error message: Loading shard object failed. First tried to load library libmysql and failed because of error : [is not a valid Win 32 application.]

What can I do to solve this issue?

Beste Regards,

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we initially experienced similar error messages, as the compatibility information is not very detailed on which versions to use. These steps should work for Windows 2008 R2 64-bit:

1. Download the latest version of the MySQL 5.0 64-bit database server. The last published version for Windows x64 is 5.0.91. You can find it here: http://downloads.mysql.com/archives.php?p=mysql-5.0. Provided that you already have a MySQL server, which you plan to use for your CMS, look for the noinstall-zip-file, as you may then extract the necessary files from there without installing.

2. Within the downloaded zip-file (or installation directory, if applicable), locate libmysql.dll (in lib/opt) and copy it to your Windows-System directory (Default: C:\Windows\System32).

3. Now the BO 4.0 setup should be able to connect to the MySQL database and set up the CMS and Audit scheme.

The following will most likely not work:

• Using any MySQL server newer than 5.0 (such as 5.1 or 5.5). This is officially not supported in SAP BI 4.0, as clarified in SAP note 1636918.

• Using the 32-bit version of the database client. Please make sure you download the 64-bit version of MySQL.

• Using a newer MySQL Connector/C (such as libmysql 6.0). This will also lead to the error message as quoted in SAP note 1636918.

These limitations do not apply to the semantic layer. For example, you can probably connect BO universes to any recent database (e.g. MySQL 5.5) using ODBC or JDBC drivers. However, the CMS / audit database access uses a different connector type.

Kind regards,

Matthias Erll

Former Member
0 Kudos

Matthais's solution worked for me. As MySQL CMS support is limited to 5.0 latest, what is its future for supporting CMS, long term? 

CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mark,

MySQL is being phased out by SAP since they purchased Sybase.  All the updated version my support thin version of Sybase databases.  I would strongly recommend you shift away from MYSql.

Regards,

Ajay Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Coulio,

Before doing installation of BOE XI 4.0 read the PAR document and Installation guide.

Follow below steps,

1. Install MySQL on windows and Create two database for CMS and Auditing Database.

2. Install BOE XI 4.0

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would follow Ingo's advice. You'll have less problems.

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP BusinessObjects 4.0 is part of RampUp and therefore I would suggest you talk to your RampUp coach and the RampUp Channels.

ingo

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

MySQL 5.5 might not have been tested with Bi4.0 yet.

Here is what PAM sais :

MySQL AB -5.0 using Db Connector :MySQL C-API

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tested with msql 5.0.91, but i always got this error message.

The strange thing is that, BOXI 3.1 work with Mysql 5.xx.

some idea?

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

After looking at Semantic layer PAR, it says 5.1 ODBC or JDBC conenctions are the supported ones

Not sure why for CMS DB connections it still says 5.0 ....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does someone know where i can download this file: MySQL C-API of Mysql AB 5.0?

What is MysqlAB compared to Mysql?

Thanks.