cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WBS element field mandatory for specific sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I want to make the WBS element field in sale order line item to be mandatory for a specific sales order type. I am not able to add this field in incompletion log also. So can anyone let me know the solution for this.

Ratna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nisha_sharma1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can add incompletion procedure under following path

SPRO-> SD-> Basic Functions->Log of Incomplete Items->Define Incompleteness Procedures

Add WBS element -> Table name : VBAP, field name :PS_PSP_PNR

later assign this procedure to document type and item as well

I hope, i am undestanding your problem correctly.

Regards,

Nisha

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For this requirement, you should not make use of incompletion procedure.

The rqmt class of the transaction for the line item should have the account assignment category as project. If this is configured, then the system will automatically ask for the WBS element and it will not allow you to save if WBS is not given.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As solution suggest above is correct use VBAP table and Field is PS_PSP_PNR into ur incompletion log and assign this procedure to ur Item category. And If u want to WBS element check at header level the use VBAK table and field PS_PSP_PNR and assign this incompletion log to ur sales document type.

Once more setting is required to stop the order from saving if incompletion check is unsucessful, for that you need to check a checkbox named "Incomplete. Message" in VOV8 tcode, for ur perticular sales document types.

Hope this will resolve ur problem.

rgds

Dhiraj

0 Kudos

Hey, Dhiraj

Thanks for your input. I was looking for this VOV8 Incomplete. message. I could see that in this question all the three answers are the Best Answers.