cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to open a rowset. Details: 08003:[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Day...

I am busy writing a system in ASP.net 3.5 (VS 2008) and my report uses an SQL ODBC connection to connect to the database and then i pass a Selection Formula through to filter for the data that i need to display in the report. Now the report works 100% in the development environment but as soon as i deploy it to the live environment then it it gives the following error and i just dont get the report to display. Please can you point me into the direction where the problem lies.

Failed to open a rowset. Details: 08003:[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Connection not open Failed to open a rowset. Error in File C:\Windows\TEMP\MyREPORT {056C124D-7468-4A76-B67A-F9A16BF849A0}.rpt:

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its because the report has retained the schema name of your development servers. If you go to Database-> show SQl you will see it in the From part of the select statement

Go to Database - set datasource location

Click + against each table/view and open up table properties double click overrridden qualified table name and type in name of table/view as in the table name field above it.

Repeat for all tables/views, report will now be fully portable from dev to Live

Ian

Answers (0)