cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Integration beteween BPC Microsoft Version and SAP ECC trough SAP PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts.

Im a SAP PI Consultant (Process Integration).

We're now implanting a SAP ECC solution. The Enterprise is working with BPC Microsoft Version and is a requirement to send some data from SAP ECC to BPC. We are planning use SAP PI as middleware in data integration.

My questions is: ¿Is there any connector in BPC to communicate BPC with SAP ECC? If not, is there any restriction why SAP PI can not udpate the BPC database directly?

Thanks a lot.

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is more effective way to connect with ECC.

Google - "BPMC RFC Enablement for BPC MS"

http://bpmconnect.blogspot.com/2012/08/bpmc-rfc-enablement.html

Hope this helps.

Sam.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sorin_radulescu
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

You have to use BizTalk from Microsoft which provide and SAP Connector able to take data dircet from ECC,

Using this SAP Connector you have to create a custom DM package(SSIS package) using BPC tasks to import data direct from ECC into BPC.

I don't advice you to insert data from any other system direct into BPC because you are missing data validation which can create troubles of BPC system.

So the solution is to use SAP Connector provided by Microsoft with BIzTalk server to extract data direct from ECC.

Data has to be extracted from ECC with BPC no to push data from ECC direct into BPC table.

This is normally way because the Business users would like to have control when and how the data is loaded into BPC.

I hope this will help you.

Regards

Sorin Radulescu