cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO cannot be released

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

The PO has been created by user which has 3 releases.

Two releases has been done.

When trying to release the third release, error message appears " Purchase order .. cannot be released"

Waht could be the reason?

In that PO, 5 line items were there and in that first 4 line items ticked as Free items.

GR not happened for any of the line items.

Please advice how to proceed.

Regards

rocky2ever
Discoverer
0 Kudos

check if the PO release status reject or not

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check your Release Strategies in MM>Purchasing>Purchase Ordert>Define release procedure for purcase order---Release stratergie , Check your combination of Release code (3 which u have define) Release stratergie and release group.

Regards,

Dishant

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Venkat,

Kindly check the steps are as follows for 3rd release of PO:

Step - 1 : Check PO release strategy if 3rd release person release code & release groups are assigned in the release strategy for the purchase order value.

Step - 2 : Then, 3rd release person release code & release groups authorization check to their login id.

Both steps are ok, then edit the particular PO through t-code ME29N and 3rd release to be done.

Hope, it is very useful for you.

Regards,

K.Rajendran

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Venkat,

Kindly check the steps are as follows for 3rd release of PO:

Step - 1 : Check PO release strategy if 3rd release person release code & release groups are assigned in the release strategy for the purchase order value.

Step - 2 : Then, 3rd release person release code & release groups authorization check to their login id.

Both steps are ok, then edit the particular PO through t-code ME29N and 3rd release to be done.

Hope, it is very useful for you.

Regards,

K.Rajendran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I feel you need to check the release strategy and code.

What characteristics is assigned and the value also,if it will not match.

Check output device also in PO.

Regads,

Prashant

Edited by: Prashant Prasad on May 4, 2011 8:25 AM