Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COPA Extraction : Lost delta data when change hour at Daylight Saving time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I implemented COPA Account based extraction from R/3 to BW

It works fine all the year except 2 times :

Last end of october and last end of march we lost few lines from R/3 in delta infopackage

I can't proove it but each issue appeared the week end when hour is changed on servers for Daylight saving time

So I want to know if somebody else had the same problem and found a solution

How the time is modified on R/3 ?

Thanks

Sebastien Lepeltier

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem solved

The security time of timestamp for the queue was too short (30 minuts)

After change it to 3 hours the problem is solved

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

The COPA extractor extracts delta based on the timestamp maintained in the COPA table.

The Daylight savings changes occurs twice during the year and if your extraction into BW is coinciding with the daylight saving then you are bound to loose data from the source system, please schedule your process chain one hour earlier or late on days when the Daylight savings changes are bound to occur. This can be explained by the below example.

record COPA timestamp

1 00:00

2 00:30

3 00:35

4 00:10 (actual time 1:10 but posted as 00:10 as the system time changed due to daylight)

If BW extractor is extracting at 00:55 then the delta time stamp maintained will be 00:55, suppose the Daylight savings have been done so the time 1:00 changes to 12:00 and after that the records which were created at 1:10 will now show timing of 12:10 as it picks the date and time from the server and these would be missed on the delta.

solution is to avoid doing delta during the daylight change, only once it is complete start your extraction.

regards,

Arvind.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sebastian,

u can take help of the basis guys in your team.

i think there are some scripts like TZCUSTHELP etc which they can run on the r3 side, so as to fix this issue.

else u will have to shift the ERP server setting by 1 hour.

u can check your time zone and go for the same.

hope this can help u.

thanks.