Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning using SAP_MRP_001

former_member691361
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

When doing multi stage planning for finish material using low level code and SAP_MRP_001 heuristics, it is creating receipts only for finish material and not creating receipts for semifinish and raw materials.

I am giving only finish material in production planning run, assuming that it will consider semifinish and raw materials at the time of using MRP heuristics and will explode based on that and will generate receipts for below components,but currently it is not doing so.

Could you please enlighten which are the mandatory settings for the same and where is the missing loop in this scenario?

Advance thanks...

Prash

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member691361
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Really thankful for your help.

Prash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashanth,

Did you assign planning Heuristic(standard lots) in Product master, MRP_001 will only call the Heuristic from product heuristic or heuristic assigned in MRP_001 will be used. Planning procedure '4' is fine, b/c you want to create orders in planning run. Note: If you run low level code in first step you don't need to include all products in the selection, just give finished materials.

Please double check and see this resolves your issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashanth,

SAP_MRP_001 is for single level planning only if want to genrate receipts for semifinish and raw material you need to include semifinish product and raw material too in selection.

If you want to have multilevel MRP you can use SAP_MRP_002 with only fininshed product as selection crieteria.

Regards,

Santosh

former_member691361
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, even i tried with SAP_MRP_002 and same results, its planning for finish only and not for semi finish and raw.

Do we have some dependencies like PP planning procdeure to be defined for finish, semi finish and raw. Currently PP Planning procdure 4 is maintained for all.

Advance thanks....

Prash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes Only components with planning procedure 3 will have procurement proposals genrated with SAP_MRP_002.

If use planning procedure 3 for components and run SAP_MRP_001 then also there will be procurement proposal created components immediatly

Only difference will be if you use SAP_MRP_002 if there is delay at component level your top level order will be rescheduled so delays will propogated in upward direction.

Regards,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

Please help if my below understanding is right:

Planning Procedure 4 - Planning in Planning run and

Planning Procedure 3 - Plan Immediately.

Using PP4 will plan only during Planning run while PP3 will create a receipt element as soon a demand is created in the system.

SAP_MRP_002 + PP4 should create P Req and Pl orders for all the levels of BOM.

Considering the delayin Final assembly based on procurement time would need bottom up heuristic.

Reagrds,

Amlan C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you are right. PP4+MRP_002 will plan components too as I can remember it is case with SCM 5.0 but I was testing it in

SCM 7.0 even MRP_001 does plan for components even if components are not selected with PP4.

Onlyif we set indicator plan selected product check box in MRP001 then it plans only for finish product.

Regards,

Santosh