Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintenance Plan with Multiple Packages

former_member377202
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have a maintenance Plan with 2 weekly, 3 weekly & 7 weekly packages. Here i want to know if i will schedule the maintenance plan through IP10 on what basis system generate the 1st package .Dont consider here start in cycle.Simply i put any start date and start the schedule now let me know which will be my first call (2 weekly, 3 weekly or 7 weekly) & why.

Regards,

Kavvya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Scheduling will be done based on start date you entered either in Maintenance Plan or scheduling screen.

As you mentioned there 3 packages. If you enter the start date as 09.05.2011, then based on your initial offset in Maintenance Strategy, calls will be created.

If you have not maintained any initial offset, then 2 weekly will be called first. If for example, you have not maintained any offset for 2 weekly package, but you have maintained 1 week as offset for 3 weekly package, then 3 week package will be called first.

This offset is only for first call. Subsequent calls will be created based on frequency defined.

Regards,

Maheswaran.

former_member377202
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Maheswaran,

I have not maintained any offset in Packages.Then is it SAP standard behavior that it will call the lowest package.But i noticed that when i tried with different-2 start date then system is generating Ist call date for different-2 package every time why like this please explain the same.

Regards,

Kavvya

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kavvya

If you don't use the start in cycle function, then the system always starts with the smallest package (in your case 2 weekly)

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please rephrase your question about different -2 start date & different -2 package?

Regards,

Maheswaran.

former_member377202
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Suppose i am startin the Plan on 22.03.2011 which is close to 7 week before from todays date, then system giving me first call for 7 weekly package.

2. If i am starting the plan on 19.04.2011 which is close to 3 week before from todays date, then system giving me first call for 3 weekly package.

along with above i am getting a message " A start in the cycle was executed for mainte plan no. xxxxxxxxxx. Message No. IP452.I want to know why system behaves like that.

Regards,

Kavvya

shailendradupadhyay
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

Its standard system behavior, when you are giving a past date in start , system will check the latest package due for that interval as you likely said its taking the 7 week and 3 week for your dates as this packages are nearer to the due package.

If you want to assign the past date then there is a option of START IN CYCLE in IP10 here you can give the completion date and packeage number so that system will go to next package irrespective of your date and you can select which package to be called next.

Shail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

System will plan for all the packages. As per your example, start date is 22.03.2011.

If system plans for weekly package, that will lie on past date. Again for 3 weekly package, plan date will lie on past date. Then it will check the 7 week package.

For that, the call date would be 10.05.2011, that is in future. So it will plan for 7 week package first. From that, it will start scheduling based on cycle i.e., 1 week, 3 week & 7 week.

Thats why that message is coming as "A start in the cycle was executed for mainte plan no. xxxxxxxxxx. Message No. IP452'.

Another example which I tried:

there are 1 week, 2 week, 3 week & 1 month packages. I have given start date as 17.03.2011.

For One month package (from 17.03.2011 to 17.04.2011) cant be planned as its in past.

So start date will be 17.04.2011. Now 1 month package will be created for 16.05.2011 which is in future.

For 1 week package if you count from 17.03.2011, till 05.05.2011 plan date cant lie as its past date. So it will plan for 12.05.2011.

For 2 week package if you do the same count for 2 weeks, till 28.04.2011, we cant have plan date. Next will be 12.05.2011.

For 3 week package, again do the same calculation. That will come on 19.05.2011.

From that date onwards, subsequent calls will be created as per frequency defined.

Whenever you plan with past date, this calculation will happen for plan date.

Regards,

Maheswaran.

Answers (0)