Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error while installing SMD agent

jayanth_velugati
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

1) Can any one please justify/brief the need of installing SMD agent on ABAP stack?

2) When I tried to install the SMD 711 agent on ABAP stack I could see the below error when i click sapinst.exe.

" Running msiexec failed with return code 1063: undefined

command line was :

msiexec.exe /norestart /L vcredist_x64.log /i vcredist_x64.msi /qn "

I tried with Changing the environment variable of Temp and tmp to C:\usr\sap\<sid>\tmp and also tried with directory c:\temp but in vain .

enivronment:- Windows 64-bit.

Note:- SMD agent was successfully installed on Development systemn

Please suggest.

Thank you

Jayanth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member45419
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

H Jayanth,

Pls refer below link,

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/SMSETUP/Diagnostics+Agents

Regards

K.N

Former Member
0 Kudos

For the benefit of others, had the same problem on a NW 7.4 installation, under Windows Server 2012 R2 and solved the problem as follow:

• While running the sapinst program, when you get the error, go to your SWMP folder, search for vcredist_x64.msi, it will find two files, one under folder VCREDIST2010 and another under folder VCREDIST2005
  • Open the folder VCREDIST2010, copy the file and now go to the sapinst_instdir executables (in my case was C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\NW740SR1\MSS\INSTALL\STD)
  • Paste the file, will ask you to confirm if you want to replace, do so
  • Retry the step on sapinst

Weird, but worked great for me, seems that vcredist_x64.msi for 2005 is not compatible with Windows Server 2012 R2....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Same I did , Its work for  me....

thank you....

Kind Regards,

N S Rathore

Vlad
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I had the error 1612, so my solution, probably will not work for this thread. But I would like to share it with everybody:

When you launch the SAPinst, it creates the MSI file in the folder: \Program Files\sapinst_instdir\SOLMAN71\SYSTEM\ADA\CENTRAL\AS\vcredist_x64.msi

You have to execute it manually, just to check that it does not require any paths or additional executable files. If everything works fine, the installer will ask you to repair or remove the installed version of C++ libraries.

The solution is to remove/uninstall them, because SAPinst will install them automatically. Probably that is why, it could not do it silently.

Kind regards,

Vlad

igor_taratutin
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you Vlad.

It fixed my errors too while upgrading to SolMan 7.1!

SAPup was giving me status/error 1603 and MSI.log had error 1316 (a network error while read from file vcredist_x64.msi).

Many other posts refer to create/change TMP/TEMP directory and SAP even has a note-1578091 how to fix this error 1603. But nothing helped me.

Your solution/explanation is perfect!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vlad,

I am facing the same issue with error code 1612.

I request you to provide detailed solution steps for this.

the error description is shown below.

Thanks in advance

Vlad
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Simply try to execute this file (exactly the same you have on the screen). It probably asks you to choose an option, which you cannot do, since the installation is without user interaction. 

After that, use the repair option, and remove the installed program from the windows.

Regards,

Vlad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vlad. It works!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

as for SMD in ABAP stack concern, it is used to carry out centralized analysis and monitoring of the SAP Netweaver system landscape. It helps to simplify the task associated with root cause analysis. so i recommend it could be fine if you use in SMD ABAP stack for diagnostics perspective.

and regarding the error you have typed, it is not much helpful.Hence could you please look in the Event Viewer and search for the errorcode and post it here?

or you can chk the log files vcredist_x64.log

Thanks,

Jansi

jayanth_velugati
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Log from vcredist_x64.log. Please have a look

" Product: Microsoft redistributable runtime DLLs VS2005 SP1(x86_x64) -- Error 1719. The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This can occur if the Windows Installer is not correctly installed. Contact your support personnel for assistance.

Error 1719. The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This can occur if the Windows Installer is not correctly installed. Contact your support personnel for assistance.

Action ended 2:47:00: SxsInstallCA. Return value 3.

Action ended 2:47:00: INSTALL. Return value 3.

MSI (s) (FC:38) [02:47:00:489]: Windows Installer installed the product. Product Name: Microsoft redistributable runtime DLLs VS2005 SP1(x86_x64). Product Version: 8.0.50727.762. Product Language: 1033. Installation success or error status: 1603.

"

Does this mean that , I should download new sapinst file for service market place and try again ??

Thank you

Jayanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

this one worked by me:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/970652

Tomas Luscon